[solved] - SchedulesDirect and MP 1.22

Discussion in 'TV-Server Plugins' started by jmvaughn, July 3, 2019.

1. jmvaughn
    • Premium Supporter

jmvaughn MP Donator

Business Owner
    Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    Hi,

I have built a new computer for MP and am moving from version 1.16 to the latest MP 1.22.

I noticed there is now no SchedulesDirect option in the TV Server plugins section.

It's been a while since I set up a new MP installation.... I thought SchedulesDirect was something included with the standard install, and it just needed to be enabled. I looked on the Extension Manager and could not find the plugin, and likewise could not find a link to it after searching the plugin download section here or the forums.

Am I missing something? Has the separate SD plugin simply been removed? Is there anyway I can install it?

I found some other posts talking about using EPG-Buddy, or XMLTV, etc... But I really liked the simplicity of the separate SD plugin which only required me to put my username and password to get it working.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Last edited: July 3, 2019
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CyberSimian
    • Team MediaPortal

CyberSimian Test Group

Ratings:
    +951 / 3
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    I am running MP 1.22, but I find no evidence of a "Schedules Direct" plugin :(. As far as I know, there has never been a dedicated plugin for "Schedules Direct" (but I am happy to be corrected about that :)).

Living in the UK, I benefit from an EPG that is broadcast with the TV signals, so I do not need to use an internet EPG, and have no experience of using one. But I think that you need to do the following:

(1) Pay the annual fee to be able to access the "Schedules Direct" EPG data.

(2) Set up whatever tool they provide to download the data to (probably) an xml file.

(3) Set up the MP xml importer to import the xml file. I think that this is the "XmlTv" plugin, but I have never used it.

Hopefully, one of our American MP users who already uses "Schedules Direct" will notice this thread and offer some advice.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

4. jmvaughn
    • Premium Supporter

jmvaughn MP Donator

Business Owner
    Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Hi CyberSimian,

Thanks for responding so quickly.

There definitely was a SchedulesDirect plugin. It is actually still in the wiki, just not found in TV Server any more :(

I was hoping to avoid the effort of going the XML import route, but thank you for the advice. I already have a schedules direct account, of course, since it is still working on the production machine running 1.16.

Anyone else know of a way to get SchedulesDirect running under 1.22?

5. jmvaughn
    • Premium Supporter

jmvaughn MP Donator

Business Owner
    Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    OK, I was exhausted last night and I think I overlooked something.

Before anyone else responds, let me give it another go :)

I will post back if I am able to get it working to help others that run into the same thing.

6. jmvaughn
    • Premium Supporter

jmvaughn MP Donator

Business Owner
    Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Success!

For anyone else who gets stuck trying to install SchedulesDirect, here is what I did.

1. Get SchedulesDirect plugin from GitHub. Link.
      You'll need to click the Project folder, click SchedulesDirectPlugin-1.11.0.2.mpe1, then download.
      (I actually used 1.11.01, which is working so I'm not going to mess with it, but I noticed afterward there was an update. Try 1.11.01 if 1.11.02 fails for you.)
    2. Open and run the file you downloaded in step 1, above.
    3. Note that the installer will copy the two needed .dll files to the incorrect folder, so you will need to move them in step 5.
    4. Open TV Server Config program, choose Manual Control at left, then click Stop Service button which will appear on the right. Close the TV Server Config program.
    5. Move the two .dll files to the correct folder.
      The two files are:
      SchedulesDirectPluginTVE3.dll
      TvdbLib.dll
      Move them from
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal
      to
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins
    6. Open TV Server Config program, choose Manual Control, then click Start Service.

(Edited to make me look like less of an idiot)

Last edited: July 3, 2019
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!