[solved] SchedulesDirect and MP 1.22 (1 Viewer)

jmvaughn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 7, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi,

I have built a new computer for MP and am moving from version 1.16 to the latest MP 1.22.

I noticed there is now no SchedulesDirect option in the TV Server plugins section.

It's been a while since I set up a new MP installation.... I thought SchedulesDirect was something included with the standard install, and it just needed to be enabled. I looked on the Extension Manager and could not find the plugin, and likewise could not find a link to it after searching the plugin download section here or the forums.

Am I missing something? Has the separate SD plugin simply been removed? Is there anyway I can install it?

I found some other posts talking about using EPG-Buddy, or XMLTV, etc... But I really liked the simplicity of the separate SD plugin which only required me to put my username and password to get it working.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I thought SchedulesDirect was something included with the standard install, and it just needed to be enabled.
    I am running MP 1.22, but I find no evidence of a "Schedules Direct" plugin :(. As far as I know, there has never been a dedicated plugin for "Schedules Direct" (but I am happy to be corrected about that :)).

Living in the UK, I benefit from an EPG that is broadcast with the TV signals, so I do not need to use an internet EPG, and have no experience of using one. But I think that you need to do the following:

(1) Pay the annual fee to be able to access the "Schedules Direct" EPG data.

(2) Set up whatever tool they provide to download the data to (probably) an xml file.

(3) Set up the MP xml importer to import the xml file. I think that this is the "XmlTv" plugin, but I have never used it.

Hopefully, one of our American MP users who already uses "Schedules Direct" will notice this thread and offer some advice.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

jmvaughn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 7, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Home Country
    Hi CyberSimian,

Thanks for responding so quickly.

There definitely was a SchedulesDirect plugin. It is actually still in the wiki, just not found in TV Server any more :(

I was hoping to avoid the effort of going the XML import route, but thank you for the advice. I already have a schedules direct account, of course, since it is still working on the production machine running 1.16.

Anyone else know of a way to get SchedulesDirect running under 1.22?

jmvaughn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 7, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Home Country
    OK, I was exhausted last night and I think I overlooked something.

Before anyone else responds, let me give it another go :)

I will post back if I am able to get it working to help others that run into the same thing.

jmvaughn

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 7, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Home Country
    Success!

For anyone else who gets stuck trying to install SchedulesDirect, here is what I did.

1. Get SchedulesDirect plugin from GitHub. Link.
      You'll need to click the Project folder, click SchedulesDirectPlugin-1.11.0.2.mpe1, then download.
      (I actually used 1.11.01, which is working so I'm not going to mess with it, but I noticed afterward there was an update. Try 1.11.01 if 1.11.02 fails for you.)
    2. Open and run the file you downloaded in step 1, above.
    3. Note that the installer will copy the two needed .dll files to the incorrect folder, so you will need to move them in step 5.
    4. Open TV Server Config program, choose Manual Control at left, then click Stop Service button which will appear on the right. Close the TV Server Config program.
    5. Move the two .dll files to the correct folder.
      The two files are:
      SchedulesDirectPluginTVE3.dll
      TvdbLib.dll
      Move them from
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal
      to
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins
    6. Open TV Server Config program, choose Manual Control, then click Start Service.

(Edited to make me look like less of an idiot)

Last edited:

dabineri

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2013
    Home Country
    I downloaded SD from GitHub. When I open it , it says it needs tv server 1.3. How do I obtain that? I have MP 1.21 installed already.

Thanks for any help

dabineri

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2013
    Home Country
    So now I installed MP 1.23 which includes tv server 1.23. SD ays it needs tv server 1.3 again? What do I do to get SD installed?
    Thanks

dabineri

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2013
    Home Country
    Is the SD plugin supposed to show under plugins in the Configuration program? I have it showing for the password in the TV Server.

dabineri

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2013
    Home Country
    SP, Thank you SP. Now, is the SD plugin supposed to show under PLUGINS in the configuration program?

Thanks again, DA

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom