Scraper request - www.kinopoisk.ru [RU] (2 Viewers)

mitiok2008

Portal Pro
February 1, 2009
Hey mitiok2008,

It looks like most of the time using the /adv_type/cover/ filter hinders the finding of an appropriate cover art. I think the big problem with The Dark Knight is that it was such a popular movie that it has too much art associated with it. For most movies that did were not so popular that filter gives you results that are not as good as they would be without it.

Ok. I'll check the site to find appropriate link for covers. I'll look for the different cases, scenarios.

TheMovieDB uses IMDB_ID to get its information. I have not found a way to translate this site into an IMDB_ID.

I'll handle this. I'll try to find posibility to excract IMDB_ID from kinopoisk.ru. There is should be such information somewhere, since it shows IMDB user rating for movies and it fits with with current IMDB rating. I'll take a look.

The main issue for now to make propper movie search from filename. As I told - no problem with English (Original) names, but some problems with Cyrillic names or Russian name typed in English. If you'll brake through it - it will be GREAT!

if someone needs to I will translate this to english
in short - no support for cyrilic and existing MediaPortal (My Videos) works very well with kinopoisk.ru, the script is somewhere on this forum.

номер фильма пробовал (он короче чем на imdb), но результата не дало. Совсем нет поиска по-русски, только латиницей. Хотя иной раз латиницей работает и выдает всю инфу о фильме, но не понятно все-таки откуда скрипт ее взял.

Так же обычные My Videos работают с этим сайтом, включая вытаскивание обложек вообще без проблем и всегда. Я бы даже сказал, что лучше чем родной imdb. Такое ошушение, что подглючивает плагин, где-то не всегда качает инфу, где-то слишком рано сдается, особенно когда результат "не найдено" - почти мгновенный...

I think that information from css-script for My Videos? The main idea LRFalk01 should take from here - kinopoisk.ru is known as long-thinking site. Sometimes it stucks without any reason. So the plug-in must wait for a little-bit longer. Or, generally, it's not a big problem to re-run search function again.

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Attached is a fix for the poster issue where it returned popular posters in the event that the current movie did not have posters for it.

I will investigate the character issue.

As far as the waiting goes. The webgrabber has been modified a bit. In 0.7.1. If it gets it's 5 timeouts (by default) in a row, the grabber will hold off for a bit and try it again.

-LRFalk01

Attachments

• Kinopoisk.xml
    30.6 KB

igor_uk

Portal Pro
February 16, 2009
just tried it
searched for "плесень", got as a result "О. С. - Одинокие Сердца (сериал) (2003)"

also, one MAJOR point! If you have several scripts (IMDB, kinopoisk, etc) and the first one does not find a match - it does not bother checking other scripts.

Just tried to search more cyrilic stuff and all the results are the same, OC, Madagascar 2, some other old things. All of them were results for a search string "любовь".

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
just tried it
searched for "плесень", got as a result "О. С. - Одинокие Сердца (сериал) (2003)"

also, one MAJOR point! If you have several scripts (IMDB, kinopoisk, etc) and the first one does not find a match - it does not bother checking other scripts.

Just tried to search more cyrilic stuff and all the results are the same, OC, Madagascar 2, some other old things. All of them were results for a search string "любовь".

I do not think I am understanding something. When I put 'Мадагаскар 2' into the custom search, I get the right movie. According to my research, 'плесень' is a documentary. Maybe that is why you are getting no results.

-LRFalk01

mitiok2008

Portal Pro
February 1, 2009
just tried it

I do not think I am understanding something. When I put 'Мадагаскар 2' into the custom search, I get the right movie. According to my research, 'плесень' is a documentary. Maybe that is why you are getting no results.

-LRFalk01
you know, scraper is working quite strange... You are exactly right manual search for "Мадагаскар 2" get exactly right movie, but others... I have one idea, I'm not sure if am I correct. In attachment you can see kinopoisk screen for movie "Den vyborov 2007". The closest match is CORRECT MOVIE. but the manual search into Moving pictures with same search string provides different result. Isn't it "Similar results" thread? I don't exactly know - just an idea.

I've attached log file again. from line 17-Feb-2009 22:36:18 you can see several tries to get correct match for different films:
1. PEREVOZ 3 (Transporter 3). Russian transcription 'Перевозчик 3' havn't provide correct result. To have fun I put there 'Мадагаскар 2' - it FOUND Madagascar 2! Tnen I put Transporter 3 - no problem, it found correct link.
2. then several tries for Pinguins from Madagascar, Platon, etc
3. then Den vyborov (see above).

... about IMDB_ID. So far I'm not able to find it inside movie page. I've asked admin on kinoposik forum-board. have to wait...

Attachments

• kinopoisk.JPG
    kinopoisk.JPG
    199.5 KB

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
Okay. I think i know why you are having the issue with that one. There is no alternate title, and I think that is breaking my regular expression. I will work on that tonight.

edit: I have fixed the bug that makes results without an alternate title not show up. It is attached.

-LRFalk01

Attachments

• Kinopoisk.xml
    30.6 KB

mitiok2008

Portal Pro
February 1, 2009
just short replay for today - sorry, I'm really busy today. Generally, not too many changes - most of the movies in Russian doesn't pull out form the site. If I try to put russian name to the search string it bring non-correct results. But in few cases the results are correct - but very few.
One of the most important issue - connection timeout (it's plugin issue, not scraper).
I'll be back on saturday (or late friday).

LRFalk01

Portal Pro
August 27, 2007
Home Country
just short replay for today - sorry, I'm really busy today. Generally, not too many changes - most of the movies in Russian doesn't pull out form the site. If I try to put russian name to the search string it bring non-correct results. But in few cases the results are correct - but very few.
One of the most important issue - connection timeout (it's plugin issue, not scraper).

Hey mitiok2008,

Can you send me some sort of list of your file names so I can look into this some more (it would also be beneficial to have their original titles somewhere as well.).

Thanks,
LRFalk01

mitiok2008

Portal Pro
February 1, 2009

Hey mitiok2008,

Can you send me some sort of list of your file names so I can look into this some more (it would also be beneficial to have their original titles somewhere as well.).

Thanks,
LRFalk01

I send you .xml file from MyFilms. It contains my movie collection (part of). Tags : Original title = Original Title, Translated Title = Russian Title, URL = path to movie file (you can check it against Moving Portal). For sure, in some cases (for ex Bratz, etc), it's really wierd filenames and can't be recognised with MP - but OK. I don't care about it. I would like to have 60-80% of automatic matches - it would be prefect. Other cases I can solve manually.

I'm on line for couple more hours. So if you need any advice - just ask.

Attachments

• мое кино.zip
    30.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom