[Bug] Screen flashes and MP2 locks-up (1 Viewer)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have had an intermittent problem with MP2 client locking up and the screen flashing when this lockup occurs.

I it does not happen on any particular screen or with any repeatable action though.

The attached client logs and video will hopefully demonstrate the problem (I only got the video whilst trying to record a different problem).

P.S. ClientError.log would not load because it was of zero size (so rejected by the forum server).

Attachments

• Flashing Screen.zip
      3.9 MB

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I already saw that problem, but once only, and in a very specific configuration : I was using MP2 in a Virtual Box machine, with hardware acceleration support enabled... I thought it was related to Virtual Box as I was unable to reproduce it with VMWare nor any computer.

Not very usefull for your ATM, but maybe interesting to mention now that I see it can happend in a real computer...

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    A week ago, i just couldnt wait any longer for the alpha, so i downloaded the latest version of mp2 from git and compiled it myself. I ran into the same issue. I havent had this issue with the alpha though, thats why i havent thought about it again. But now it was mentioned... Unfortunetly i cant tell you how to reproduce it either :(

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    By the way, this has happened about 4 times during my testing so far (not that this information is helpful, but to demonstrate it is not an uncommon occurance).

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did also see this issue on the laptop of a friend. It was a "slow" one with integrated graphics. I think the issue happens on lower end systems more often than on high end ones.

There is nothing in the logs. And it seems that MP2 does continue working in the background (you can hear key-press sounds), only the screen rendering locks up.

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Recently, I (finally) installed Windows 7 on my MediaCenter which is also a bit slow and has an integrated graphics card. I can reproduce the issue very often. It bugs me so much that I will try to fix with high priority :)

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    The system it occurs on for me has an ATI5450 GPU (AMD X2 265 CPU). I presume this would be classified as slow (but it is my fastest HTPC!)

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same here, have seen this issue only on my 5 year old laptop with integrated graphics.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Had this on HTPC yesterday again, while navigating through GUI :(

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It doesn't happen very often here any more, so the priority decreased here :)
    But I'll move it higher on my TODO list again. We'll see when I have time, maybe this weekend.
    It's not easy to fix because it isn't reproducible very often, so I can only hope that I'll find the problem only from the knowledge of the effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom