[Bug] Screen flashes and MP2 locks-up (1 Viewer)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Had this on HTPC yesterday again, while navigating through GUI :(

At that point attach a debugger to the .exe and check if some threads are in deadlock. It could give really good pointer to Albert for solving the issue.

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, there won't be a deadlock, but I think the animation engine runs amok, would be good to check if there is an animation running repeatingly and which component puts that animation into the animation queue.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Well, there won't be a deadlock, but I think the animation engine runs amok, would be good to check if there is an animation running repeatingly and which component puts that animation into the animation queue.

I just though since complete application locks up then the main thread (or input thread) could be deadlocking with the rendering thread. In any case it is worth to check for the deadlock even if it is really unlikely. Saves a lot of your time to know that.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's "only" the screen/rendering that has issues: you see few (3?) frames repeating endlessly, this is causing the flickering.

But input handling and navigation is still working (i.e. you hear input clicks, logfiles also shows navigation between screens)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom