ScreenControl plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (2 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: ScreenControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.5.0

Hi Hodor,
hmm, strange. Please post some of your logs here (from MediaPortal itself and TVServer if installed), maybe I can find anything. I'll take a deeper look into it tomorrow. Alternatively I'll build a debug version and send a personal message.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
ScreenControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.5.5

Dear community,
this plugin was updated to version 0.5.5. This release contains small plugin improvements, please read the attached manual carefully.
Please use the new MediaPortal extension installer, if you want to install or update the plugin using the mpe1 file.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Maaji

Portal Member
November 23, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: ScreenControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.5.5

Hi Micropolis,

first short thing: The 0.5.5 mpi seems to be broken. Does not work for me.

Your plugin seems to be interesting for my HTPC system. I have two screen setup with a plasma screen and a touchscreen in dh 102 case. At the moment I switch to the touchscreen when starting up the system. So the HTPC can be controlled using the small screen for e.g. listening radio. For watching TV or videos and so on I switch to the main screen. See my website for details: MediaPortal: DH-102 iMon display, button and remote setup | Lars Michelsen

My main problem with this solution is that I need to restart MP when switiching the screens. Am I right that the plugin can do resolution changes without restarting MP?

Now my question: Should it be possible to realize the display change with the plugin?

I tried it but right after the display change the screen is black and the cpu load is very high. Seems that something hangs there... ? What can I do? What information do you need?

Kind regards from Trudering ;-)
Lars

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany

Hi Maaji,
some answers to your questions:

• Broken installer file: Since this version, you need the new MediaPortal extension installer to install the plugin. Please use MpeInstaller.exe from your MediaPortal main directory.
  • Display resolution changes: Yes, you can do this with ScreenControl. You need a command line tool, which supports your video card (e.g. ATI Catalyst Center). On your website I can read more informations about your hardware. Please follow the step-by-step description inside the attached manual and post more informations, if this was not successful.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

DreadFury

Portal Pro
June 28, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: ScreenControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.5.0

The plugin does not seem to work this way for me. ... I am using an MCE remote/blaster with IRSS. I have had the same issues on both MP1.1alpha(all svn's) and 1.1RC1. ... I think this might be an issue with it not recognizing IRSS controls?

Hi DreadFury,
currently I think this is a problem/inconsistency between ScreenControl and IRSS. I don't have enough information about the technical solution behind IRSS, also I don't have the required hardware in my personal test environment. My plugin is focused to examine internal windows keystrokes and mouse movements and may derive actions from it.
Do you know more details behind the IRSS solution or a technical contact person? Do you know, if this plugin simulates key pressures? Sorry, but at the moment I'm a little bit clueless.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

The plugin does simulate keypresses and mouse movements.
However, it comes with a plugin for MP which may use internal calls to MP itself instead.

The devs of IRSS can be found in their subforum.
I'm sure you can find someone active over there.
IR Server Suite (IRSS) - MediaPortal Forum

Also, the plugin is available in the public Media Portal Plugin SVN with source, so you can look exactly what it is doing in the code if you like.
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/plugin-development-svn-15863/

Good luck, I hope this is a simple fix!
I love your plugin, but this 'bug' makes for some very annoying situations. =)

Any progress on this issue?

ppeterr

Portal Pro
July 20, 2008

Just came by, to say, thanks a lot for this plugin. It works wonderfull !

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
ScreenControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.5.5 and IRSS

Hi DreadFury,
some days before I've analyzed some parts of the code for IRSS Server Suite, but I cannot find a useful answer about handling messages from this plugin/services.
Today I've build a new version, which supports indirectly MediaPortal key actions and not only Windows global mouse and keyboard events. For me it is not possible to test this, because I don't have your equipment. Maybe tomorrow I've send you a personal message and a small test plan to find out, if this code change has fixed this issue.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

DreadFury

Portal Pro
June 28, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America

I'd be happy to give it a test! :D

just let me know.

Thanks Micropolis!

allengero

Portal Member
July 22, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway

I seem to be in the same boat as dreadfury with irss. Using my mouse everything works perfect, but as soon i use my remote nothing works until my mouse moves!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany

Hi allengero,
we have and we are working on a solution, but it's not perfect yet.
If the latest build is stable enough, I'll give you access to a pre-release today evening.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom