ScreenControl plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

m0use

Portal Pro
February 6, 2008
Re: ScreenControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.5.5

Hi, i saw this plugin today and thougt that would be very nice addition, then i installed it but jumping or dimming didnt work when mediaportal was running, (always fullscreen)
i use M.Play Home Center to remote control htpc, dont know if that does it, bzhider didnt i turned it off for a while. (and tried so that mouse was the last thing i touched)
i guess i wait for a update.
oh test buttons did work.
thanks anyway and keep up the good work

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand

Has any one experienced weird mouse behavour outside of MP when this plug-in is running.... :)

Thanks

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany

...i use M.Play Home Center to remote control htpc, dont know if that does it, bzhider didnt i turned it off for a while. (and tried so that mouse was the last thing i touched) ...

Hi m0use,
do you have installed IR Server Suite and related plugins?
If yes, this is a known issue and I'll work on this. Some other users support me here, because I don't have this equipment and can only guess, where the problem is located.

Thx for understanding, cheers Micropolis ;-)

Has any one experienced weird mouse behavour outside of MP when this plug-in is running

Hi thesystemera,
does MediaPortal has the focus or is the window minimized? Can you explain mouse behavour a little bit more?
A first solution is to implement a option to disable mouse support.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

m0use

Portal Pro
February 6, 2008

Hi m0use,
do you have installed IR Server Suite and related plugins?

no i havent...it has it's own program that run in the systray and emulates keyboard

Edit: i think i have problem somewhere else..cant even start screensaver automatically at desktop :D ... weird

allengero

Portal Member
July 22, 2007
Home Country
Norway Norway

Has any one experienced weird mouse behavour outside of MP when this plug-in is running

Hi thesystemera,
does MediaPortal has the focus or is the window minimized? Can you explain mouse behavour a little bit more?
A first solution is to implement a option to disable mouse support.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

I guess he has the same behavior as me. when Mediaportal is focused theres no odd mousebehavior, but when MediaPortal looses its focus the mouse and keyboard is reeeealy laggy. if i hold down the downarrowkey on my keyboard in the start menu, the scrolling continous long after i have released the button.

gurkc006

Portal Member
July 13, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany

I have the same problem with the mouse. I have MePo 1.1 RC, Maya, the latest ScreenControl plugin and only standard plugins, no IR utility, only using mouse and keyboard (in fact, thats my working notebook for testing out some other problems with MP).
When I'm IN MePo, then the mouse is slightliy slower than without ScreenControl activated. Outside MePo (bringing eg. Firefox to the front) the mouse gets really sluggy. Would be nice to solve this problem.
If you need any further testing or information, pls ask :)
C

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Open Beta for ScreenControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.5.9

Dear community,
after a long time of analyzing the described issues before, I want to start a open beta phase to test and improve the ScreenControl plugin under different conditions. If you want to participate here, please download the attached file and copy all libraries manually into your plugin folder. Skin changes are not required.

I've made a lot of changes regarding the following things:
  • IRSS and other keyboard/mouse simulation software: A new hook type was introduced to check, if virtual key pressures occurs. To test the plugin with this additional feature, please turn on the option "Extended activity detection".
  • Mouse problems, if MediaPortal window is not in full screen mode: A new option "Mouse activity detection" was introduced. If you turn off this, ScreenControl ignores all mouse movements. This option can be useful, if you want to work with other window applications simultaneously. Alternatively, the CPU load can be reduced.
  • Start of power functions: The power functions (dim display, screen saver, turnoff) can only be activated, if MediaPortal is in foreground and in full screen mode. This can prevent some undefined states of the plugin.

Currently it is hard for me to test the first point, because I don't have the required equipment. So please understand, that some parts of this detection routine based on conjectures.
To support me with feedback, please switch on the MediaPortal log level "Information", check the existing and new plugin functions and post your mediaportal.log file here. Alternatively, you can send me a private message for questions or more hints.

A BIG thx goes to DreadFury, he support me with useful informations and hints before. Hope, he can support me also on the way to the next major release.

Thx in advance and cheers, Micropolis ;-)

xr04148

Portal Member
July 1, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany

Nice Plugin, switching between two screens with support of catalyst driver works fine except one
thing: If TV is running while switching screens TV stopps two seconds later without notice.

Do I have wrong settings or is there a known bug?

Regards.....

PS: I am working with v0.5.5.

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Hey Micropolis,

Just setup this plug (using latest beta from this post) and am sorry to say that I have some issues with this one.
My main HTPC is not running MP 24/7, sometimes users switch to windows desktop to do some windowing work ;)
Enabling this plugin however is not ideal in this situation. First I had a laggy mouse so that's why I switched to the latest beta but now I still have a laggy keyboard (the mouse issue dissapeared after install of beta).
I do not want to use this plugin for dimming of the screen or anything I'm actually only interested in the "jump to window" settings. Is it possible for you to add an option to disable all listening for user activity? Then I would be able to use it, the keyboard being laggy is too big a dealbreaker for me.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany

Nice Plugin, switching between two screens with support of catalyst driver works fine except one
thing: If TV is running while switching screens TV stopps two seconds later without notice.

Do I have wrong settings or is there a known bug?

Regards.....

PS: I am working with v0.5.5.

Hi xr04148,
to adjust screen settings, this plugin will use self defined profiles from Catalyst Control Center.
This is not a bug of ScreenControl, please try other settings (or other profiles) directly inside CCC. Hope that can fix your problem.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom