ScreenControl plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country
    Re: ScreenControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.6.0

Hi,

This plugin looks very usefull :) Im just wondering if this plugin works with dual displays? What im after is the ability to run video in full screen on my main TV while still being able to use the media portal menu on the 2nd screen without affecting the main display

do you know of a way to do this?

thanks

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi kyleh0000,
    the plugin itself cannot change or switch between display settings. A possible solution for your scenario is to define screen settings using the dedicated graphic card tool (e.g. ATI Catalyst Control Center), save this in a configuration file and activate/deactivate the appropriate display mode using the option "Resolution" and the command line interface for the graphic card tool. An example is described in the manual. Hope that's what you mean.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi SilentExcept,
    this is the wrong thread, please edit this and post your findings again in the SleepControl thread, thx.
    Currently I'm working on a new version, here I want correct/change functionalities based on your informations.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

kyleh0000

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2009
    Home Country

Hi kyleh0000,
    the plugin itself cannot change or switch between display settings. A possible solution for your scenario is to define screen settings using the dedicated graphic card tool (e.g. ATI Catalyst Control Center), save this in a configuration file and activate/deactivate the appropriate display mode using the option "Resolution" and the command line interface for the graphic card tool. An example is described in the manual. Hope that's what you mean.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Hi Micropolis

thanks for the reply :)

when you say manual did you mean the Media Portal Manual? if so i dont supose you have a link to the page, I have been looking in there for a while now and havent found what im after

also did you have any plans to implement something like this into your plugin? if not and you wanted to im happy to work on it ans submit the code to you so you can include it in a future release...thats if i can figure it out

anyway thanks a lot for you help:)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi kyle0000,
    when I speak from a manual, I mean the ScreenControl manual from the first post of this thread.
    If you can submit (and develop) an independent solution to support more than one manufacturer I'm happy to see and include your solution. Before I want to know more informations about the scope, please send me a personal message to discuss this, thx.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Hi azzuro,
    currently I don't have test the possibilty to change ATI Avivo settings using the command line tool cli.exe.
    Please try it out, create 2 profiles (Avivo on and off) and test this using the "Resolution" functionality. A feedback was great, based on your experiences it is possible to improve this plugin.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

DoXer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: ScreenControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.6.0

Hi,
    this plugin looks very useful for me, but I have a flat screen witch doesn't support power saving. For this I'm using my "IR blaster" and Eventghost. It's working well manually. If there is an event in Eventghost, Eventghost sends the signal for power off with the IR blaster to my flat screen.

Now I have a feature request: Expand your powercontrol area in ScreenControl to define an executable or create an event. Then I could use Screencontrol to switch off the screen with Eventghost.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ScreenControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.7.0

Dear community,
    the updated version v0.7.0 of this plugin is ready for downloading.

Informations for users:
    • Speech recognition functionality added (currently english and german language is supported competely)
    • Due to quota limitations, the documentation is not longer part of the archive. You must download the documentation separately from the first post.

Informations for skinners:
    • If you want to display the speech recognition indicator, please add the appropriate property and image file "screencontrol_listening.png" to your skin.

Troubleshooting for speech recognition functionality:
    • To enable the speech recognition feature, please check, if your operating system supports this.
    • To improve your computer's ability to understand your voice, you MUST train the computer. Please use the appropriate functions inside the windows control panel.
    • If problems persists, please check the mediaportal.log, in case of an error you can find the error message "Speech Recognition Component Initialization Error.".
    • Check, if grammar files (grammar_en-US.xml, grammar_de-DE.xml) are correctly saved into the ScreenControl language directory.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Luca Brasi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: ScreenControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.7.0

Hi Micropolis,

thanks for this great plugin. I installed the new version to test the speech recognition. Oddly it only worked once with the command "Musik" while it was set to german.
    I went back to config and set it to english to test if more command were accepted. But now I get this errors:

2010-06-29 13:11:21.707606 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Screen Control: Speech Recognition Component Initialization Error. (Error Code: System.ArgumentException: Es wurde kein Erkennungsmodul mit der erforderlichen ID gefunden.
    Parametername: culture
    bei System.Speech.Recognition.SpeechRecognitionEngine..ctor(CultureInfo culture)
    bei ScreenControlPlugin.ScreenControl.InitSpeechRecognitionHandler(), Es wurde kein Erkennungsmodul mit der erforderlichen ID gefunden.
    Parametername: culture)

Because of your troubleshoot advice
    Check, if grammar files (grammar_en-US.xml, grammar_de-DE.xml) are correctly saved into the ScreenControl language directory.
    I reckon that I should look for those files but windowssearch doesn't find some. Where exactly should I look for them?

Thx
    Luca

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: ScreenControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.7.0

Hi Luca Brasi,
    the speech recognition language files can be found in the ScreenControl language directory, normally "c:\program data\team mediaportal\mediaportal\language\screencontrol".
    To recreate the german file, simply set the recognition language to german, enter or change the values and press the save key. If your problem persists, please explain me more technical details about your machine (e.g. control panel settings regarding speech recognition).

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom