Screenshots of upcomming Moving Picture 1.0 support (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi emphatic,

Movie backdrop is controlled by Moving Picture (change when you select different items). In second image the first tab is selected but focus is on the Play button. Have no way of changing this, sorry.

best regards
    cul8er

Focus on the Play button is of course preferred.

The details view looks a bit crowded in my opinion. I would prefer if you would have the mediainfo logos visible at all times (perhaps floating above the black bar, as they're white with transparency round them) giving the rest of the details a bit more room horizontally. This way, you could put a vertical divider between the short labels (playtime, rating, year) and have the longer ones on the right side of that bar. I can do a mockup if needed.

Emph

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi emphatic,

Please post a mockup;) and I will see what I can do.

cheers
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi rekenaar,

First impression is very good. However, after a few starts of the plugin, that 1st new screen, as in your 1st screenshot, starts to bother me. Most of the time when I enter MovingPictures I want to see the movies. Not select from submenu first.
    I managed to solve this by setting the <rememberLastFocusedControl>yes</rememberLastFocusedControl> in the skin file. Now if you leave the plugin in the filmstrip or detail or whatever view you will go to it when netering the plugin next time. Will be available in next SVN update.

best regards
    cul8er

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Here it is.

Emph

Attachments

• mockup.jpg
      mockup.jpg
      150.7 KB

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Btw cul8er, is it possible to have the tab overlapping the info box below it, as to accentuate which tab is in focus and which isn't. Perhaps an even darker shade of gray on the unfocused text label as well.

Also, MP TV-Series uses icons for the genre as well as Mediainfo information, in the purpose of unification, perhaps using icons instead of text labels here as well? Or will that be troublesome, as different language scrapers would not link to the correct logo?

Emph

bodiroga

Portal Pro
    January 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thanks cul8er, it looks great! I'm glad you like my idea.

But... can't logos be used in the summary screen? Logos are one of the greatest addings to the new version, so please, don't move them away to the details view :( Am I the only one that love logos?

In addition, can't you move the "watched" flag to the same line of the "star rating"? That way, the summary part will have one more line. (I'm not sure if I'm explaining myself very well). Also, you can use the tipical "blue eye" logo to show the watched flag. It think that this last option is the best one in order to keep cleaner the summary view. What do you think?

Finally, in the category view I would do the box much more bigger. As the backdrop is picked up ramdonly, I don't think that showing it it's so important. For example, I like this StreamMP skin view.

Thanks for your work cul8er, I really like the new details view ;)

Regards,

Aitor

PS: Will you add logos to the list, filmstrip,... views, won't you?

PS2: What about moving up a little bit the film cover in the details view (summary tab) to the place there the film logos?

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    One more suggestion if I may.

Unfortunately I do not have that great mockup skills like emph (well done!), but let's try and explain.

Relating to that 1st screenshot, Category view.
    Would it be possible, and will it look OK, if we try and follow same principle as in screenshot 2 with the bottom black box used for the categories and the category image?
    That way the category screen will not cover most part of all the nice fanarts.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

New screenshots;)

cheers
    cul8er

Attachments

• ScreenShot003.jpg