SD and HD channels turned around (1 Viewer)

killer8

Portal Pro
July 29, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi

For many channels both SD and HD is available. For example "Netherlands 1"(HD) is channel number 1 and "Netherlands 1"(SD) is channel number 71. When I do a channel scan on my Samsung tv the HD version is selected on channel number 1 like I prefer. But in Mediaportal(using 2 anysee tuners) the SD version is channel number 1 and the HD version is number 71. What I do now is just edit and change all the HD channels to their SD channel number and vice versa. The problem is everytime I refresh my complete channel list because the cable provider changes channels,frequencies or channel numbers I have to do this again.

Is there any way so it will put all HD channels on numbers like 1,2,3,4 etc where it puts the SD version now? My Samsung TV does this so i'm wondering if Mediaportal can do the same automatically. I;m not really sure how it works and how the Samsung tv detects the SD and HD channel are interchangeable but it seems possible.

I'm using cable tv from Delta(The Netherlands) using 2 anysee dvb-c tuners.

Thanks in advance,

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think TVE 3.5 probably does this already. The only way to check would be if you can supply a TS dump. Probably 60 seconds from any HD channel would be enough.

killer8

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oke, is there any way to have tve3.5 on mediaportal 1? When I do a search I only see some builds for mp2.

I can provide a TS dump later this week, i'm not at home at the moment. Just one dump is enough?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The dump showed me that Delta is using the "HD simulcast logical channel number descriptor" to provide the swapping function. That descriptor is already supported in TVE 3.5 as I guessed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom