SDC Megtron - Stays off after Standby (1 Viewer)

mnemonic

Portal Member
December 3, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello Team Mediaportal,

I bought an SDC Megtron Display. It works after installing the required files under controller. My Problem now is that if the display is turned off by the Mini-Display plugin during a standby it won't turn on anymore. The only possibility is to restart MEPO. But this is not practical. The other Alternative is to leave the display always on, but this is bad when the HTPC is off. Either way the display becomes more or less unusable. This is sad because it was not cheap and I bought it just for MEPO.

I'm not sure if this is a problem of the mini-display Plugin or the usb driver but I would be glad if you have any idea or bugfix.

Best regards,
mnemonic

mnemonic

Portal Member
December 3, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: SDC Megtron - Stays off after Standby

Hello Team Mediaportal,

Update: The SDC Support already fixed the main problem. There are still issues after rebooting. MEPO stopps contacting the display after a reboot. This can be fixed by using "Test Display" until next reboot. I hope this problem can be fixed by SDC too. I'm sure they will inform me if they find out that this problem is a problem of the mini-display plugin.

Best regards,
mnemonic

diskeeper

Portal Pro
January 5, 2007
Dortmund
Home Country
Germany Germany

das ist ein problem des minidisplay-plugin bzw. des darin verwendeten treibers. als mein display noch funktionstüchtig war, hatte ich das gleiche problem.
andererseits funktionierte nach dem standby die sdc-software problemlos, ich hatte die immer in kombination mit mp und lcd-studio am laufen,
so das ich ein usb-problem mit sicherheit ausschließen kann.

letztlich kann ich nur sagen, das display war eine fehlinvestition.
es geht mittlerweile besser und deutlich preiswerter.
----------------------------------------------------------------

this is a problem of the plugin or the mini-DisplayPort is the driver used. when my display was still functional, I had the same problem.
other hand, worked fine after the standby sdc software, I had always run in combination with mp lcd studio and on,
so I can rule out a usb problem with safety.

finally I can say only that display was a failed investment.
it is now better and much cheaper.

mnemonic

Portal Member
December 3, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany

Ok diskeeper,

which alternatives would you recommend? From a hardware point of view the SDC display is quite right.
- Just a display, not a fan controller or remote receiver which I neither need nor want
- 2x5,25 slot size, so big enough
- USB with Win64bit support (no legacy connector)

Colour, Touch and High resolution would be things I would be interested, but in most cases it is not available or too expensive.

Best regards,
mnemonic

diskeeper

Portal Pro
January 5, 2007
Dortmund
Home Country
Germany Germany

ich hab zur zeit dieses, usb Monitor, Grafikkarte: Somikon 17,8 cm/7" TFT Zusatzmonitor mit integrierter USB Grafik Karte - MONITORE / monitor usb
war allerdings nicht ganz einfach das erstmal ans laufen zu bekommen, funktioniert aber jetzt gut.
läuft mit dem mpd2-plugin (als 2.monitor), was auch noch nicht ganz ausgereift ist, bin aber schon ganz zufrieden.
man muss aber auch berücksichtigen das es dann einiges an cpu-last verursacht, liegt in erster linie an dem plugin,
ist also nichts für schwachbrüstige systeme.
----------------------------------------------

I have to this time, usb Monitor, Grafikkarte: Somikon 17,8 cm/7" TFT Zusatzmonitor mit integrierter USB Grafik Karte - MONITORE / monitor usb
was not so easy to get the first run to, but it works well now.
running with the mpd2-plugin (as 2.monitor), which is also not very mature yet, but I am quite satisfied.
one must also consider that there is then a lot of cpu-load causes lies in the first line of the plugin,
So nothing is for feeble systems.

------
ps: weiteres bitte im deutschen forum, sch*** englisch.:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom