second tv-card Technisat skystar2 not found (1 Viewer)

tatus

Portal Pro
March 12, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have finished my helper tool. It does the following:

- constantly copies WAVE volume setting to MASTER volume setting
- after resume (tested from suspend; hibernate should also work):
1. Sets mouse to far right corner
2. Sets default volume
3. kills Mediaportal (sending WM_CLOSE seems not to work - if someone can convert the project to C# then I could talk with MP instead and ask it to shut down)
4. kill TvService (not so nice but much faster)
5. restarts all available Skystar2
6. starts TvService
7. starts Mediaportal

This method is fast and seems to be reliable. You need the following MP settings
- MP should wait for TV server startup
- MP should control WAVE volume
- TvServer card initialization delay can be set to 0. If this does not work, increase 'slowly'
- TvServer card re-init after suspend is set here, have not tested what happens if I uncheck it. Should work well without this option.
- Powerscheduler server and client plugins enabled

The files OnPower.exe and devcon.exe must be copied into the Mediaportal installation folder. You may use a shortcut to autostart OnPower.exe in minimized mode at startup. Mp should also autostart in this case. It will show the devcon console output for debugging purposes, lateron I can start devcon in minimized mode as well so you will not see anything distracting on your screen.

The reason why I copy WAVE to MASTER volume is that it gives me more dynamic range for volume settings as I have a powerful amp and otherwise it is impossible to select a soft volume.

Please let me know how it works. The source code is also attached, feel free to modify / extend it (and send me the results :)

Regards
Frank

Rudi99

Portal Pro
October 3, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Frank,

i downloaded your tool and tested: the first time i resumed from standby wiht "onpower" running, one of the two cards wasn't restarted correctly ("!" in devicemanager). Second and third time it was ok.

After rebooting, i got 6 Windows-messages "System after heavy error started" (sorry, only had the german message).
After next reboot, MP wasn't automatically started by "OnPower". Shall i manually put a "MP"-link into autostart?

Now i'm recording, so next test has to wait a bit. I'll be back.
(While i cannot program / compile C(+(+)) etc., i will not be able to do any changes, but i really like to help...)

tatus

Portal Pro
March 12, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
The tool does not start MP after reboot. MP has an option "start with Windows" that should be checked.

Please keep me informed. What are your Tv Server settings?

Regards
Frank

Rudi99

Portal Pro
October 3, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
tv-server-settings for OnPower

The tool does not start MP after reboot. MP has an option "start with Windows" that should be checked.
...What are your Tv Server settings?
a) "Start MP with Windows" unchecked, but manually put into autostart
b) tv-server-settings see attached screenshots.

Rudi99

Portal Pro
October 3, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
for better survey with screenshots this new posting:

just tried to resume from standby, and then the first card had again "!" in devicemanager. Didn't try to watch tv- that surely would end in an error again... see attached screenshots and logs.

EDIT: in the meantime, Technisat has updated the drivers to 4.4.3, inkl. BDA ! See here:
http://www.technisat.de/index76c2.html?nav=Software_Treiber,de,39&download=detail&produktID=1390
I don't know, if i would like to have my probs solved before i try the new drivers or if they are solved by them automatically. Maybe, i will try them this evening, but i have to backup my windows before... i'm afraid, i will have a lot of work and reconfigure it all... :-(

tatus

Portal Pro
March 12, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
That sounds very good! I will try them as well tomorrow. Today I didnt have time for my HTPC.

Regards
Frank

Rudi99

Portal Pro
October 3, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
me too, i have to "absorb" the shocking soccer-result...

tatus

Portal Pro
March 12, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have made first trials with the 4.4.3 driver. It does not behave better. What is your result? It does not even work with a single Skystar2. The driver now always hangs after resume. The good thing is that it does not eat up CPU anymore when in this state...

Currently I am working fine with HibernateTrigger (instead of my program) and the following script:

devcon restart PCI\VEN_13D0

There's nothing more in it, and it seems to be reliable. Some settings are important:
- MP: restart after suspend
- TV server: re-init service on wakeup = YES
- TV server: delay before TVserver detects cards = 5 seconds

The two TV server options make sure that the drivers are remaining closed when the PC comes out of standby (the TV server will disconnect from the drivers before standby, and reconnect not before 5 sec after resume). Only then they can be properly restartet by devcon without having to reboot the computer.

If you still have problems with restarting the drivers, you may want to use the "reboot" option of devcon. If it fails restarting a driver, then it will automatically reboot the system. This is especially helpful to avoid losing recordings.

Regards
Frank

Rudi99

Portal Pro
October 3, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Frank,

i also installed 4.4.3 now (after making a backup of my system-drive), and as you already said, the 4.4.3 also seems to have problems after standby. I try to setup MP as you said: after resume HibernateTrigger kills MP and tv-server, restarts the two TV-card-devices and starts tv-server and MP again.

I will report, how this works, after a few tests. (I hope, this will still work after the next svn's... but for now i stayed at svn19518)

Good night and Thx,
Rudi99

tatus

Portal Pro
March 12, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
after resume HibernateTrigger kills MP and tv-server, restarts the two TV-card-devices and starts tv-server and MP again.

In my current setup I leave TvServer running as it is, that works fine here (see my last post).

Maybe you can make another support request at Technisat? You seem to be more successful with them...

Regards
Frank

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom