Self Contained Web Server / Interface (3 Viewers)

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great job Big_Kev,

as already pointed out by nbradford I would also love to see support for an existing webserver since I already have apache installed and don't like to have multiple services running which are basically all doing the same. I am sure you are already working on the FireFox compatibility so there is no other serious "flaw" I could find beside the ones already mentioned by the other guys.
    The only thing left to say is: keep up your good work, its highly appreciated :)

-level20peon

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    New Version on Wedsite

Hi All,

I have posted a new version with a few of the fixes requested mainly:

1. More efficient query for guide information for those with a lot of data
    2. List channels in sort order
    3. Fix for cancelling recordings

IMPORTANT: If you have changed the HTML template pages - please take a backup before re-installing this update as they will be overwritten

Regards
    Kev

I will be able to re-work the app as an ISAPI dll for MS based servers like IIS or Sambar Server etc, but I would like to get all of the bugs out first and improve the functionallity etc.

The app itself uses a purpose written web server that will only respond to GET commands. It will only serve files that are in the application directory (or sub folders) - except for INI files.

Regards
    Kev

Great job Big_Kev,

as already pointed out by nbradford I would also love to see support for an existing webserver since I already have apache installed and don't like to have multiple services running which are basically all doing the same. I am sure you are already working on the FireFox compatibility so there is no other serious "flaw" I could find beside the ones already mentioned by the other guys.
    The only thing left to say is: keep up your good work, its highly appreciated :)

-level20peon
    I have found the FireFox problem.

It is in the css file that I included in the download.

Just delete all of the "display: block" lines from the style.css file to fix the problem.

I have ammended the file for Version 0.0.0.2 if you have not already downloaded it

Regards
    Kev

rr69

Portal Member
    November 6, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Kev,

Great work. Ive installed it without any problems. First updated to the latest svn, and installed the 0.0.0.2 version of the web interface.

I,m very interested in the developement of the isapi.dll, so i can use it with my already existing IIS server and integrate it with in my website.

:D for the great App....

Greetz RR69

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have found the FireFox problem.

It is in the css file that I included in the download.

Just delete all of the "display: block" lines from the style.css file to fix the problem.

I have ammended the file for Version 0.0.0.2 if you have not already downloaded it

Regards
    Kev

Thanks, that fixes it for me.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I just installed the new version and it is a BIG improvement on speed. Previously, the first load of the program guide took 8 seconds (roughly). On the new version it it one or two seconds. (60 channels with more or less 3 weeks data).

Thanks-a-lot!!

What is the possibility for a way to keep the channel name visible while scrolling down? Maybe a tooltip on the column? Or some other way?

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi again...

I just had an idea for a slight change of the webinterface. The radio channels are also shown in the guide so the overview is partially not like it should be in my opinion. I don't know if anyone grabs epg for radio and I am not talking about the need of recording radio at all. So do you think it could be usefull to either totally get rid of the radio stations in the webinterface or at least move them to the right or to some point they do not bother anyone ?

To get rid of them some code like

MySQL
    Code:
    isRadio!=1

MS-SQL
    Code:
    isRadio=0

in the query should do the trick.

-level20peon

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi again...

I just had an idea for a slight change of the webinterface. The radio channels are also shown in the guide so the overview is partially not like it should be in my opinion. I don't know if anyone grabs epg for radio and I am not talking about the need of recording radio at all. So do you think it could be usefull to either totally get rid of the radio stations in the webinterface or at least move them to the right or to some point they do not bother anyone ?

Consider it done!

Sorry, I dont have any radio channels in my EPG, so I have not noticed it.

I will include it as an option in the configuration.

Will post changes soon.

Kev

I just installed the new version and it is a BIG improvement on speed. Previously, the first load of the program guide took 8 seconds (roughly). On the new version it it one or two seconds. (60 channels with more or less 3 weeks data).

Thanks-a-lot!!

What is the possibility for a way to keep the channel name visible while scrolling down? Maybe a tooltip on the column? Or some other way?
    I am not so good with HTML, what would the table / tags look like?

Is it something that could be added to the css file?

Regards
    Kev

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    New Version with Minor Changes

Hi All,

VERSION 0.0.0.3 Released

IMPORTANT: If you have changed the HTML template pages - please take a backup before re-installing this update as they will be overwritten.

Just some more minor changes...

As requested by level20peon:
    Added an option to the Configuration Program that allows you to select to include radio data if you have it in your EPG. The default is to not include it. Open the "Appearance" Tab to change this option.

Displays guide day / date in long format including day name.

Added some advanced HTML setup options - see the new Setup.pdf document that downloads with the update.

Changed the setup document as per nbradford's suggestion for setting up priviliges for new users on MSSQL

Regards
    Kev

Sh4nn0w

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 14, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just tried 0.0.0.3:

- For me Radio Channels still show up in the Guide, regardless of whether they are selected in the configuration or not. I tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling and they still show up. (tried ticking yes under appearance, save and then unticking save again...still no luck) :confused:

- It now works fine in FF by default. :)

level20peon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Added an option to the Configuration Program that allows you to select to include radio data if you have it in your EPG.

Thank you :)

This option does not work here either. There also appears an error when I check or uncheck this option and hit "save". The problem-signature says:

Code:
    szAppName : MPWebInt.exe     szAppVer : 0.0.0.2     szModName : unknown     
    szModVer : 0.0.0.0     offset : 00000011

After closing this error message the WebServer starts normally. The radio programs however are still displayed.

-level20peon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom