Self Contained Web Server / Interface (1 Viewer)

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Good news, just tested and 0.1.1.6 seems to work here now where 0.1.1.2-0.1.1.5 did not.

Btw, Kev, is there any chance of getting tv-listing to work the following way?

http://www.telkku.com/
    http://nyt.hs.fi/televisio/

I prefer that way when looking tv-listing on web, way clearer than horisontal view (which is good when viewing TV). Current vertical is fine but I don't need it to follow timeline like it's doing now. So some sort of mix from PDA ja vertical views would be most useful for most people IMHO. No need to always display program end time on general view, it's little confusing.

If you consider doing "simplified" view like that, you could make a table to group all programs to only few timezones instead current implementation:
    4.00-12.00, 12.00-18:00, 18.00-21.00 -> 21.00-4.00 (and make last programs ending time visible). Those zones seem to work rather well, as they split quite logically considering how tv programs are layed out during the day (same way it's done on links above).

jerma

Portal Member
    October 7, 2007
    Vaasa
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    ...If you consider doing "simplified" view like that, you could make a table to group all programs to only few timezones instead current implementation:
    4.00-12.00, 12.00-18:00, 18.00-21.00 -> 21.00-4.00 (and make last programs ending time visible). Those zones seem to work rather well, as they split quite logically considering how tv programs are layed out during the day (same way it's done on links above).

My point to the letter as was in my earlyer post :D

You can customize the layout quite alot, as mentioned on the setup PDF. Plus you have to edit the stylesheet -file (css).

some hints:

In the manager program, go to HTML and edit HTML of Guide Program Entries. You can find help in the PDF about showing attributes that you want.

To get text in the program entry -cells to aling TOP-LEFT, you have to edit the .css -file in the program directory. The ID is Table1 td, and you have change variable align=left and add variable vertical-align=top.

I have my program guide configured, that in the program info (inside the tags <tr>) i have 2 cells. on the one on the right i only have starttime and recording image, and on the one on the left i have the link for the detail-information of the program. This way most of the information on the whole page fits on 1 line per program, and the layout looks clean. Nice-to-have would be to get long program names to fit onto 1 line, maby by cutting away text at the end (one idea: allow maximum of 30 letter per line on program name).

Anyway, my knowing on editing is not that great so i'll leave the more complex ones to the master (Kev :cool: )

EDIT: uuups, Kev got the things done allready before my post... have to try them out tonight.

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Whoa, that was fast! Thanks Kev! Now it's just brilliant!

You can customize the layout quite alot, as mentioned on the setup PDF. Plus you have to edit the stylesheet -file (css).
    I know this (amazingly I even read through the manual which I normally don't) but it seemed big change I suggested would be not quite possible to do without modifying the program itself or without fiddling with some extra php-code. And Kev did this blazingly fast :)

I'm still planning to mod my own TV-interface to use pop-up windows for recording shows etc but that's minor and IMO tv interface should be simple at start so most people get it work. I generally don't like different menu screen (I'm going to put menu on top of the page) but then again, most people seem to even like MyTV start screen on MediaPortal instead of opening TV straight fullscreen (I prefer latter).

Someone already suggested that it would be good if you could use cookies for keeping you logged in everytime you open the page. Or even better, you could have automatic user logging specified by IP address. That would be nice extra but I'm sure it can be done anyway with some script.

There's one thing that maybe (?) could be corrected and that's the situation where you are logged into web interface and try opening the link for example localhost:8080/ and it ends with blank white screen where webint expects you to use localhost:8080/mainmenu when you have logged in.

EDIT-> found out it's just doing that with Firefox

jerma

Portal Member
    October 7, 2007
    Vaasa
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Damn Kev :eek:

Just istalled the Version 0.1.2.0. No connection errors, and the thing is a beauty !

You did it, and so fast ! :D :D :D

I'll start working on the rest of the Finnish translation, and will send it to you tonight.

EDIT1: Kev: A few things if you need something to do...
    - As viewing a Channel-Group, pressing NEXT or PREV returns the page to the default channel group (all channels) it would be nice if it stayed in the group.
    - The top "menu-frame" or whatever one want's to call it, with all the needed navigation options. Could be visible on all the pages. It could include a simple keyword search box with a link to a more detailed search page...
    - All other pages could take on the same kind of "clear" outlook as the Program Guide (loving it :-O)

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    April 11, 2005
    Brussels
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Wow man !!!

As I said earlier, this app is what made me move to TV server. And though I sometimes curse the move to TVserver (spent all evening figuring out why MP wouldn't start with plugin installed), I never regretted the move.

The new vertical view is awesome :-D

If I have some time in the next days, I'll play around and give you some more "realistic" feedback as well :)

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Calling all German Users...

Calling all German users...

I am changing the way translations are done so that it is not necessary to have different HTML templates for each language.

All you need to do is enclose the string you want translated with 3 "~" characters (I call them tildas) at each end, and add the string and its translation to the MPTranslate.ini file.

For example, to translate "MediaPortal Web Interface" you would find it in the HTML template and change it to "~~~MediaPortal Web Interface~~~" etc.

I have done this for the standard HTML templates, and added the extra strings to the bottom of the MPTranslate.ini file. (This will be included in the NEXT release)

I need some kind German person to translate the additional strings for me so I can create the new install.

This is necessary because jerma has very kindly made a Finnish translation as well, and I don't want to have hundreds of HTML files to manage as more people provide different translations - I just want to have different MPTranslate.ini files for each language.

I would greatly appreciate any help.

I know that Jarod is very busy finishing his degree, so if someone else could help that would be great.

I have attached the file translate.txt which contains the German ini file.

Regards
    Kev

Big_Kev

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    New Version 0.1.2.1

Please don't load this version if you are using the German translation of the Web Interface. I need to get the new strings for German first!

The installer now has an option for Finnish Language - Thanks to jerma:D :D :D

If you are installing the new Finnish version, make sure that you select "Reload Translation Files" and "HTML Templates and Graphics" in the installer as all HTML files need to be replaced.

If you have customised your HTML pages, you will need to back them up first or select not to load them - but the translations will have no effect on the html templates without "~~~" around the english strings as described in the documentation.

There is a new section in the documentation that explains the new translation methodology.

Regards
    Kev

j1nx

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2005
    Wow, i don't check the forums for ONE day and voila, it has been fixed (haven't tried it yet as i'm at work)

I really hope this version will fix my connectivity issues as well, but at least we now have a log file which can give more information if it doesn't.

Ok as a return. While i still haven't seen anything of the interface yet, i came up with the following idea for the horizontal guide view. Check this link;
    http://simile.mit.edu/timeline/

What do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom