Self Contained Web Server / Interface | Page 19

Discussion in 'WebService and Mobile Access' started by Big_Kev, August 31, 2007.

1. mrkaras

mrkaras Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +7 / 3
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    this was my experience so far:
    install to c:\program files\mediaportal\MP Web Interface

this was my experience so far:
    install to c:\program files\mediaportal\MP Web Interface
    lots of illegal operations from the web server
    config runs
    web interface will not login saying that it could not connect to the server
    install and reinstall to the default folder
    mptranslate.ini (or something like that) is still installed to the previous folder
    uninstall and remove left over registry keys, reinstall
    now several files are installed to the app folder several to c:\ and timeformats.text is installed to the app folder but expected in c:\
    service will not run at all
    still trying to find a way to make it work.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mrkaras

mrkaras Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +7 / 3
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    I got it working a bit better, files in the proper places and the login page works. when running on XP it will not connect to the server and when running on server 2003 inside VMware I got the main menu but nothing worked except for checking the TV server status

4. ronilse
    • Premium Supporter

ronilse Retired Team Member

MediaPortal tester
    Ratings:
    +280 / 0
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    Show System Specs
    Hi,
    Big_Kev, installed the Version 0.1.1.4 - 5/10/07 on a clean computer, installation went fine(default options used), started config & it complained about missing "MPTranslate.ini". I made a file called that & re run installation & this time config started, configured according to pdf & restarted, but nothing runs under http://mycomputername:8080.

Do i need to install something else as bottom installation(only use XP pro on comp)?

Regards
    Roy

5. j1nx

j1nx Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    second that ronilse, got exactly the same problem.

netstat don't show that the port is open

EDIT: Tried the previous version. The translation strings are there, but still nothing in explorer/firefox.

6. Big_Kev

Big_Kev Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +186 / 0
    Home Country:
    Hi Rekenaar,

Did you select to install the latest HTML files for 0.1.1.4? There should be a "!!!GroupList!!!" entry in the page text.

If it is there, then I may have stuffed up the installer.

I will put in the version number display.

7. mrkaras

mrkaras Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +7 / 3
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    I were having the same problem as ronilse and j1nx but after starting and stopping the service, and sometimes killing it off with task manager I could get it to work a little bit

8. Big_Kev

Big_Kev Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +186 / 0
    Home Country:
    Hi Roy,

Does it say "Server Running" down in the bottom left of the configuration program? If no, does the server start when you click on "Start Server"?

If yes, did the "Reset" button work correctly on the "Logos" page of the configuration? - This would indicate that the database connected correctly, so it is not a log on problem with MSSQL.

If yes to the previous 2 questions, then it may be a firewall problem. Can you configure the Web Server to run on port 80 (be sure to reset the server after changing the port), then try http://localhost on the PC where the Web Interface is installed.

Check that MPWebInt.exe is listed as an allowed program in your firewall (an "exception" in Windows Firewall).

Are you getting a blank screen when you go to http://computername:8080, or an error screen.

A blank screen would indicate that it has found the server, but it has not served a page (connection error to SQL database). An error screen would indicate that it can not connect to the Web Server at all.

DON'T USE THE "TvScheduler" OPTION - it is only for testing at the moment!

Regards
    Kev

9. raf

raf Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Big Kev,

I'm having the same problems, I tried it on 2 different PC's same thing, the web server is running, firewall is off & I've tried it on port 80 also plus resetting the server after each change, internet explorer says cannot display the webpage.

10. j1nx

j1nx Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Yes the server is running. The program says so, as well the services.msc from windows

Haven't done anything with the logos yet

Tried a lot of ports and the firewall is off

It is an error page

As an addition. If you type "netstat -an" on the cmd line, it won't show an instance running on the specified port number.

btw, i'm running XP Pro SP2, fully updated.

Are there any logs? Can't find them.

11. ronilse
    • Premium Supporter

ronilse Retired Team Member

MediaPortal tester
    Ratings:
    +280 / 0
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    Show System Specs
    Yes it shows that it is running & a restart it's done when i use "save" button.

Yup reset in Logos page works without errors.

It isn't the firewall that prevents this, localhost doesn't show up anything either, in IE only a error page with nothing found, cannot find server & a further check says nothing it's run on that port...

Regards
    Roy

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!