Self Contained Web Server / Interface (4 Viewers)

jonesdb

Portal Pro
January 11, 2008
Santa Clara, CA
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
No recording icon showing for repeat schedules

I started using this tool several weeks ago. Overall I find it quite useful for checking schedules and planned recordings as well as managing existing recordings.
One thing I have noticed is that scheduled recordings that are repeated (say daily or weekly) are marked in the schedule view with an icon when first entered (great feature), but later (say the following week)on they are no longer indicated:confused:. (i.e. a weekly recording schedule shows the first week it is scheduled, but after a week it no longer is marked with the red icon). Am I doing something wrong? Both versions I have worked with (0.6.0.6 beta and 0.6.0.9 beta) behave the same way.

Hummmm. Seems I partly misspoke. It actually seems to indicate scheduled recordings for daily schedules (M-F), but not for weekly repeats.

GrahamW

November 17, 2008
Firstly, great application Kev.

I set up a new system over the past week and installed this yesterday and tested locally and from other PCs on my home network and all worked fine.

I accessed the system remotely from work today via Dynamic DNS and it connected but then threw me out. When I got home, I noticed that I couldn't access it locally either. When I closed MediaPortal, I saw that MPWebInt.exe had stopped working, so I restarted it and got the login screen. As soon as it tries to log in, it crashes the server. I've changed the server port from 8080 back to 80 and still no luck.

The error I am getting is "Faulting applicaiton MPWebInt.exe version 0.2.0.18.....".

I shall uninstall and re-install the application to see if that fixes it. Any other ideas??? I've searched this thread but can't find anything.

Cheers

Graham

Edit - Just tried it again on the default port of 80 and it's working again. I won't re-install till it crashes again.

pmcguire

Portal Pro
November 25, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
I would like to get the 6.06 beta but I don't find it for download anywhere. All the links on page 1 are dead for me, does anyone have any mirrors?

Thanks.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    latest version is Version 0.6.0.9 - 10/11/08, the link is working right now for me. i also had troubles time ago to download but right now is working.

ph4r4o

Portal Member
    January 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could it be possible to add a option to change the container of the stream. Currently it is Mpeg2 but this doesnt work with Core Player Mobile. When I manually start a stream out of vlc with an other container it works fine for me.

Could anyone tell me how he gets the stream on a WM6.1 device?

K1lo

Portal Member
    November 22, 2008
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Developer offering assistance!

Hi!

New to the forum but have been using Mediaportal since 0.2.0 . Just want to say how grateful I am for all the work that you have put into the web server project! I also want to offer my help if it is needed, I am a C++ programmer so if you need a hand give me a shout.

whyamistilltyping [at] gmail.com

Keep up the great work :)

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi!

New to the forum but have been using Mediaportal since 0.2.0 . Just want to say how grateful I am for all the work that you have put into the web server project! I also want to offer my help if it is needed, I am a C++ programmer so if you need a hand give me a shout.

whyamistilltyping [at] gmail.com

Keep up the great work :)

*cough* https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-talk-45/4od-itv-catchup-bbc-iplayer-etc-48591/ *cough*

Completely unrelated but...noticed you were UK, programmer and offering your time...

...I'll get me coat

getmecoat.gif

K1lo

Portal Member
    November 22, 2008
    London
    Home Country
    heh :) It's C# not C++. Chalk and cheese! Thinking more server side work as thats where I have most of my experience. But saying that I am flexible.

Alfrescoid

Portal Pro
    October 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Hey, I just updated to RC4 and my MP Web Interface dived.

I noticed with SQL Mgt Studio there was a new database, MpTvDbRC4. Get an error window up when I try MpTvDbRC4 as a database name.

With SQL Mgt Studio, I get Error window "The server principal "Web" is not able to access the database "MpTvDbRC4" when I do properties on it. How do I set the permission for RC4 database???

Oh, brain-fry...must be beer time...

K1lo

Portal Member
    November 22, 2008
    London
    Home Country
    Have you modified the user account permissions such that the new account you created for the Webserver has access permissions for the new databse?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom