Semi-colon for multi-part movies not recognized in latest version? (1 Viewer)

jeetkunejoe

Portal Member
May 5, 2007
Hi,

Been a long time fan if MyFilms plugin, it is quite amazing. I'm having a bit of difficulty with multi-part files though and was hoping for some help. I am using MyFilms 4.5 stable on Mediaportal 0.2.3.0 stable.

Here's what I'm doing: Up until yesterday I though the only way to manage multi-part movies was by creating an m3u file. I read that multi-part files can be specified in in the ANT DB (I'm using "Source" field) so I tried adding a semi-colon between the full path of the first file and the full path of the second file.

But it's not working when I try to play the movie. It prompts me to enter a disc. I've checked and double checked my settings in MyFilms and ANT but am not sure what is wrong. If I take out the semi-colon and only specify one file it will prompt me for which file to play. That should solve my problem but I need I specify all the files in the "Source" field for automation purposes.

I've noticed a a thread where there was a similar problem (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my-films-164/4-2-6-stable-multi-part-files-25373/)

Zebons referred them to try a another version and that seemed to fix the problem. I downloaded 4.5 and was wondering if this version includes those fixes. I've attached some screenshots of my settings. Maybe it's a stupid mistake. Appreciate any help!

Attachments

• ANTSettings.jpg
    ANTSettings.jpg
    140.8 KB
  • MyFilmsSettings.jpg
    MyFilmsSettings.jpg
    187.8 KB

jeetkunejoe

Portal Member
May 5, 2007
Hey coolcal, did this feature work for you in previous versions? This is the first time I'm trying it and am willing to roll back to an earlier version if it works.

whatisk

Portal Pro
May 21, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
I'm using an older version (I think the one before 4.5) and for multi-part movies, I only put in the first part in the field.
Then when I choose the movie in MP, it shows a little graphic of two discs which allows me to choose which part I want to play. If I chose the first disc, then it plays both parts. I even have one movie in 3 parts and it shows 3 discs when I go to play it.

I have my files named as movie - cd1.avi, movie - cd2.avi

So, maybe you don't need to list both parts in ANT if they are named a certain way?...

jeetkunejoe

Portal Member
May 5, 2007
I'm using an older version (I think the one before 4.5) and for multi-part movies, I only put in the first part in the field.
Then when I choose the movie in MP, it shows a little graphic of two discs which allows me to choose which part I want to play. If I chose the first disc, then it plays both parts. I even have one movie in 3 parts and it shows 3 discs when I go to play it.

So, maybe you don't need to list both parts in ANT if they are named a certain way?...
Hi whatisk, thanks for the reply. Yeah, I've tried the same thing with naming only the "Cd1" or "part1" files in the "Source" field and that worked for me. I get the same 2 disc icon. But in other threads it seems the semi-colon should work. The reason I want the semi-colon is so I can automate the updating of my ANT movie catalog using this: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ting-amc-database-when-new-files-added-28022/

If I don't list both avi files in the "Source Field", the updater sees the second AVI file as missing and creates a new entry in ANT for the "CD 2 or part 2" file. The semi-colon looks like it worked for other users before, so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong, or if it's broken in version 4.5.

whatisk

Portal Pro
May 21, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi whatisk, thanks for the reply. Yeah, I've tried the same thing with naming only the "Cd1" or "part1" files in the "Source" field and that worked for me. I get the same 2 disc icon. But in other threads it seems the semi-colon should work. The reason I want the semi-colon is so I can automate the updating of my ANT movie catalog using this: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ting-amc-database-when-new-files-added-28022/

If I don't list both avi files in the "Source Field", the updater sees the second AVI file as missing and creates a new entry in ANT for the "CD 2 or part 2" file. The semi-colon looks like it worked for other users before, so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong, or if it's broken in version 4.5.

Ah, that makes sense why you're wanting to put both parts in then.
I use the same updater but keep multipart files in a separate folder and add them into ANT manually. Can't remember why, but there was some reason I chose to do it that way... Maybe to avoid the possibility of what you are now experiencing.

zebons

Portal Pro
January 2, 2006

Ah, that makes sense why you're wanting to put both parts in then.
I use the same updater but keep multipart files in a separate folder and add them into ANT manually. Can't remember why, but there was some reason I chose to do it that way... Maybe to avoid the possibility of what you are now experiencing.
Effectively there is a bug with mulyipart files with that version. I'm rewriting the whole part of that plugin :sorry:
Can you try to put the two filenames separated with a semicolumn with the format given by whatisk
So it should work in the plugin and as the updater'll find the two names files, it'll not create new entries...

jeetkunejoe

Portal Member
May 5, 2007
Hi zebons,

Tried the format provided by whatisk for those file like this:
c:\new\Tempestuous Temperaments - cd1.avi;Tempestuous Temperaments - cd2.avi
and
c:\new\Tempestuous Temperaments - cd1.avi;c:\new\Tempestuous Temperaments - cd2.avi

Both did not work. I renamed the actual files to match of course :)
Thanks for the info, glad to see that it wasn't just a stupid mistake I was making. Let me know if I can help you in any further testing.

Mishref

Portal Member
December 25, 2007
Thanks for all of your hardwork and support!!

I am having the same issue .. multi-parts stopped working with the latest version. I imported the files into ANT using AMC Updater. I am subscribing to this thread if you need anything tested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom