MP2 - V2.1 Series descriptions of non existing seasons are displayed (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordraconis

Portal Pro
July 26, 2016
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
:

Description
Not exactly sure if this is a bug, but here is the issue:

- Put a folder of "season 2" in the appropriate directory and have the media sources re-imported.
- The description of all the episodes of "season 2" are there.
- wait 24h
- *all* the episodes descripions are in MP2, even from "season 1" which is not even on the hard disk.

So it seems MP2 imports descriptions of episodes it doesn't even have. I think around 2h at night it gets auto-updated, so I'll put another series episode there to test within a few hours, and tomorrow evening I can report back.
Edit: I added a screenshot. Note that only Season 3 is on the disk, so all the other descriptions schould not be there... I have also moved another season from another series into my "Series" folder, so lets see what gets imported at 2 o clock...

(Also I have on the upper right corner "37%" and a circular arrow, which I think is related to importing, but it gets stuck for a few days, so I think this might be related.)

Steps to Reproduce:
- Put a folder of "season 2" in the appropriate directory and have the media sources re-imported.
- The description of all the episodes of "season 2" are there.
- wait 24h
- *all* the episodes descripions are in MP2, even from "season 1" which is not even on the hard disk.

Attachments

• importprob.jpg
    importprob.jpg
    227.3 KB
Last edited:

Cordraconis

Portal Pro
July 26, 2016
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I think I am getting onto something:

So I waited untill after 2h and indeed, the new series (1st season only) was imported OK. Then I tried to manually re-import again, but this did not work. (See screenshot: it seems the importer got stuck at 37% when importing the films.)

After a reboot of the machine, I could manually re-import the "Series" and ... there now are extra "making off" and Interviews etc... before the first Season which are NOT on the drive. An attempt to play them creates a question mark in the upper right corner and the message is something like "media source 153268-568458-523544 not found".

So the automatic import at 2h at night works, but when I try to manually re-import it pulls in non-existend seasons and episodes.
Also after a few days the movie-importer gets stuck at random percentages.

bug?

Attachments

• filmsStuck.jpg
    filmsStuck.jpg
    97.7 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Check the settings under media. I think you have virtual media items activated. Then all missing episode information are also downloaded. If you use WMC skin you can see a different flag or label color for those. Check wiki under Skin - WMC - 5.2.2

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Also after a few days the movie-importer gets stuck at random percentages.
    Logs?

... which are NOT on the drive. An attempt to play them creates a question mark in the upper right corner and the message is something like "media source 153268-568458-523544 not found".
    There should of course be no such warning. The question mark is displayed because currently no distinction is made if the respective entry is virtual or not. We should add this to avoid the misleading message and display something more meaningful instead. I've captured this as: MP2-689 Attempt to play a virtual MI results in error message

Last edited:

Cordraconis

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2016
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Virtual media items ... thats why my search in the forum didn't give results...
    Thanks for the tip: it was indeed enabled and once I disabled it, I see only the episodes I have.

Then is it still normal that there is a difference between auto-importing-at-night and manual-re-import?

Regarding the logs: I was waiting untill it (stalling at 38%) re-appears after the nightly reboot from above, but I'll add it anyway. Please note that at that time "debug" was NOT enabled. I have since enabled debug logging and rebooted, so next time there will be more meaningfull logs, but we might get lucky with the old ones.
    (i also enabled focus stealing logging regarding experiments with my MCE remote in another thread.)

Cordraconis

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2016
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    As expected it happened again and I collected the log. Then I rebooted to get a "fresh" MP2 and downloaded the latest version which I installed and checked the configuration.
    The manual import went fine.
    Its running for a little over 24h now and the nightly update also happened without a hitch. So so far the new version solved it, but I'll keep an eye on it.
    I guess for now there is no point in uploading the log of the old version, unless someone asks for it.

Thx for all the help so far!

Edit: So after some days (and some unrelated reboots) the import issue hasn't returned. Updating MP2 resolved it.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom