Service Failed to Start, can not install (1 Viewer)

helix1977

October 24, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am unable to install MediaPortal 2. It seems to install, but the it pausing during the start services dialog for a while. This this error pops up:

Service MediaPortal 2 Server Service (MP2-Server) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.

I am logged in as an administrator. I also tried right clicking on the installer and running it as administrator. I am using Windows 10.

upload_2015-10-24_7-42-42.png

helix1977

October 24, 2015
Home Country
This was the first time I had installed MediaPortal (any version), so it was a fresh install. I do not have a virus scanner.

Thanks for you help!

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

helix1977

October 24, 2015
    Home Country
    I tried installing that, but it says that it is already installed. Any other ideas on what I can try?

helix1977

October 24, 2015
    Home Country
    where do I find the installer log? The only option when the error pops up is to retry or cancel. If I cancel, it rolls back the whole installation.

While the error is there, I do see the icons on the desktop, and under Program Files the Team MediaPortal folder is there with the contents.

I did have NPVR installed, but I uninstalled it. Do you think somehow it isn't complete unistalled? Could that be my problem?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Could that be my problem?
    It can. But normally if a program is uninstalled it should free the resources (TV cards in this context)... Maybe a service the program installed was not (properly) removed from Windows. A look at the running processes and services could be useful then...

where do I find the installer log?
    After downloading the installer package of MP2 there is an exe file (the main installation package) and a batch file called "MP2-Setup-Logging.bat". If you start the installation with the batch file instead of the exe file, the verbose installation logs are created in the same folder where the .bat and .exe were...

helix1977

October 24, 2015
    Home Country
    Here is the log file. Thanks for your help. I really want this to work!

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    The installer throws a 1603 error... Little bit of Googling gives this:
    Microsoft has stated that there are 3 primary reasons for 1603:

1- You are attempting to install to an encrypted drive or directory

2- You are attempting to install to a substituted drive

3- SYSTEM account does not have necessary permissions on the target directory
    so you may check those first. Also those seems not to be the only reasons for a 1603 error...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom