Service using excessive CPU (1 Viewer)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
This plugin is simply unusable until this bug is fixed, which is a shame because I have no way of setting up recordings on my phone right now (the only way to do it is via VPN using my laptop that has MediaPortal installed).

sincze

Portal Pro
September 18, 2011
This plugin is simply unusable until this bug is fixed, which is a shame because I have no way of setting up recordings on my phone right now (the only way to do it is via VPN using my laptop that has MediaPortal installed).
How often does this happen to you?
It happened to me twice in a year . solution was restarting the service. I am sorry I am unable to reproduce the situation.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
How often does this happen to you?
It happened to me twice in a year . solution was restarting the service. I am sorry I am unable to reproduce the situation.
It happened regularly for about two weeks (every day sometimes) so I had to stop using it months ago. I'll only start using it again once I hear a positive update in this thread: I can't have my server being useless randomly every few days.

mars

Portal Member
August 1, 2008
Is there a solution to that issue?
I have used MPE for a while and never had an issue with cpu load when MPE was running in idle mode.
This only occured since I updated to 1.6

MPE is running on the TV server.
MPEXTENDED.servicehost.coreservices.dll has a constant cpu load of 95%

Manually killing the process and restarting it helps.
When you then start a stream and stop it the cpu load stays even when there is no streaming activity.

xpilot

Portal Member
January 1, 2008
I have used MPE for a while and never had an issue with cpu load when MPE was running in idle mode.
This only occured since I updated to 1.6

MPE is running on the TV server.
MPEXTENDED.servicehost.coreservices.dll has a constant cpu load of 95%

Manually killing the process and restarting it helps.

I have exactly the same situation as described above since updated on 1.6. Running the TV Server with TBS 6981 in HP Microserver 7/24. Only difference: CPU load for MPextended is 85..90% due to other processes

I did not update mysql with 1.6. (did no clean install.) Could this be the reason for that issue?

sunfire7

Portal Pro
March 24, 2011
Home Country
Mexico Mexico
The bug exist before 1.6 came out, I stopped using mpe because of it. Now I use Airvideo HD and works like a charm if you only need mkv streaming

Jeep725

Portal Member
September 28, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am using 1.3 and just installed MP Extended and WebMediaPortal to try it out. I found that on my server the CPU usage is constantly above 95%, with a process called something like "VLC wrapper.exe" , when I am using WebMediaPortal on a client. I can provide logs later if that would be helpful. I killed the vlc wrapper process and the cpu usage immediately stopped, but as soon as I fired up the client again, zoom! When I am watching on a client, I am using the "Flash HQ" JW player.

DragonQ

Portal Pro
August 30, 2011
Home Country
I am using 1.3 and just installed MP Extended and WebMediaPortal to try it out. I found that on my server the CPU usage is constantly above 95%, with a process called something like "VLC wrapper.exe" , when I am using WebMediaPortal on a client. I can provide logs later if that would be helpful. I killed the vlc wrapper process and the cpu usage immediately stopped, but as soon as I fired up the client again, zoom! When I am watching on a client, I am using the "Flash HQ" JW player.
That's not what this thread is about. This thread is about CPU usage rocketing for no apparent reason on the server. Your problem only occurs when actually using MPExtended and is almost certainly because your server's CPU isn't strong enough to handle the codec settings you've chosen.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Got this issue too but need MPE for TV with MP2. That's why I wrote a batch to restart MPE Service daily (by Windows Task planer)
    Code:
    net stop "MPExtended Service"

net start "MPExtended Service"
    Save this as BAT and let it run daily. This will reduce high CPU Load as after a fresh start of MPE service the load is low.

Steven Piazza

Portal Member
    September 21, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have the same issue. Every few days the CPU of the MPextended spikes and sits between 30% and 90%. I use it for MPweb feature so I can schedule programs while away from home. I will try the stop and start of the service on schedule as suggested above, but it would be great if the devs could look into this. I would be happy to help troubleshoot and post logs, if necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom