Set up for Australian users (1 Viewer)

Jugular

Portal Member
January 11, 2006
Brisbane - Australia
Epg is never excact. It is as it says a guide if the station is behind by 5 minutes the epg wont change. Its the same no matter where you get it from. I have my recording set for a pre record of 5 minutes and a post record of 10 minutes to allow for this. Change this options in media portal settings on the home page. Also you can change how many days you grab in the epg config from 2 to 7 if you wish I am grabbing 5 days at a time

Carl

Freak

Portal Member
May 28, 2007
Home Country
Yeah i've set Yahoo for Seven Days, but it only grabs 2 or 3 days worth of info, ABC and SBS work fine. It doesn't matter what i set the days to in the setup.

With the DVB EPG, this should be accurate, the WEBEPG, obviously will never be..
For example the WebXML guide says 9:30PM for a show to start.

But if you look at the DVB EPG, which only looks for the current show running, and the next show to run. If it's 9:35 the DVB EPG won't show the next show as started unless it has... Where the WebXMLTV will always start where it believes it should. (based on TIME)

Jugular

Portal Member
January 11, 2006
Brisbane - Australia
Dont forget there is no such thing as digital broadcast program guide in Australia. So it cant update like it does in the rest of the world. The commercial stations wont broadcast the epg. So we can only rely on sites that program all the data to webpages based on what is known from available sources. And that cant be changed on the fly as channel lag or speed up for whatever reason they want. If it was true digital epg then by rights it should update as true time the shows are running. If only Australia wasnt so backwards.

NickName

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 23, 2006
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    The ABC & ABC2 broadcast about 36 hours worth of Digital guide 'over the air'. To use this and your downloaded guide, tick the box in MP's setup under ->Television->Program Guide called
    "Grab EPG from DVB - This option should not be selected..." etc.
    That way you'll have 7 days worth of data for them and the first 36 hours should be very accurate.

thargs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Home Country
    So even though I have the epg grabbing data off minnie.org for all channels including abc and abc2, if I tick the epg dvb option it wont interfere?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom