and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hey,

I have had the same problem, so I started poking around the oztivo web site and I think we need to make a change to this file:

MediaPortal\WebEPG\Grabbers\AU\6-minnie_tuhs_org.xml

I changed the url at the bottom of the file to this:

<Site url="http://minnie.tuhs.org/tivo-bin/xmlguide.pl?station=[ID]" post="" external="false" encoding="" />

And it worked fine after that ...

I've never done much with WebEPG before, so does someone with a little more experience in that area want to check my change is correct?

If it is, I can check it into MediaPortal SVN ...

Also, I've seriously considered IceTV ... but my "gotta make it work" mentality enjoys the challenge of free EPG data :)

Cheers,

thargs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Just changed the xml file to reflect new url and it doesnt update.

So dont know what is going on.

thargs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Figured it out. I used the authentication part of the script on the first page of this thread and it works well. Its all back up.

S.O.P

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Can you explain exactly what you have done?

I've checked mine against the first page post, graemef's, changed the url in and-81's post and still no luck.

S.O.P

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Ok, couple of things, put this section at the top of the WebEPG.XML file.
    <section name="AuthSites">
    <entry name="Count">1</entry>
    </section>
    This and the AUTH! section will need to be manually put back in everytime you run the webepg-conf.exe application.
    Also, to get SCI-FI channel working the SCI-FI line in the 6minnies file should be Sci-Fi, not SCI-FI.

Nevermind, I missed this post of graeme's, those lines were missing.

Thanks to all that have posted their fixes.

Jugular

Portal Member
    January 11, 2006
    Brisbane - Australia
    Working

Well guys I tried all the above including putting my username and password in like we used too, and still no go.

So I gave the yahoo5 ago insteal of minnie. And may I say it works fantastic for all Brisbane channels. Note it take about 3-4 times as long to update but so far It is working great for me.

Someone else have a go see what you think. Just go into webepg config change from minnie to yahoo for all your channels update and dont forget to save!!

Use the same as you used to with webepg.

Carl

Freak

Portal Member
    May 28, 2007
    Home Country
    I have been using the Yahoo links for WIN, and Prime, and Capital, but i get varied results, i'm lucky to get 2 days worth of EPG info..

BTW Does anyone know if enabling DVB-T EPG and XMLTV at the same time is of any benefit?

Last night a show was 5mins behind, yet MP recorded the show at 9:30.

I'm wondering if it was possible if the DVB EPG, could update the current and next show overwriting the XMLTV, so it would record when the EPG changed at 9:35.
    (hope that makes sense?)

Basically at the moment, i have the HD Channels updated via the DVB, and the rest via yahoo/xmltv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom