Set up TV in Media Portal 1.12 (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Have you checked that the channel numbers that TV Server has actually match what you expect?
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Go to the TV Channels section.
    3. Increase the width of the window so you can see the channel number column.
    Are those channel numbers correct? If not, it would explain a lot.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Now I just have to sort out the Remote! for some reason when selecting channels using the number key pad it does not seem to work when inputting numbers above 9.
    This might be the same problem that I experience. It is caused by the button timeout being far too short. So single-digit channels can be selected without problem, but two- or three-digit channels timeout after you have entered the first digit and before you can enter the second (or third) digit.

Most devices (WMC, my Sony TV, my Humax PVR) have a timeout of circa 2.5 seconds for buttons on the remote, and each digit has its own 2.5 second timeout. The MP timeout seems to be calculated from the time when the first digit is entered, and so all digits must be entered within the timeout.

With WMC I entered channel numbers using my thumb, but with MP I cannot move my thumb quickly enough to enter two or three digits, so now I have to use two hands -- one to hold the remote and the other to press the digits using a finger (I can do that quickly enough to avoid the timeout occurring in the wrong place). So these days I find it simpler to display the EPG, scroll to the desired channel, and then press the OK button.

Note: there are two timeouts in "MP Config", but these do not control the interdigit timeout (they control other timeouts relating to the on-screen displays).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Roy Shopland

Portal Member
    July 30, 2015
    Home Country
    England England
    I think you could be right. When I click very quickly it does work. Many thanks for all the suggestions which has enabled me to get the TV up0 and working. These forums are invaluable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom