Satelite/CableTV Provider: Comcast
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Microsoft MCE
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hello,
I posted this in the newcomer forums, but got no reply, so i'm trying here.
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/newcomers-forum-240/help-blasting-set-top-box-97691/

To make a long story short, i currently have my settop box connected to my tv tuner card via coax. I can see channel 3 fine in MediaPortal. If i change the channel, i loose the signal. apparently even though i have IRSS set up and i have verified it can change the channel from the TV Server Plugin Config, TVServer is still trying to change the channel on the tuner card.

I have my channels configured as in the attached picture. I have tried various other settings for Video source, but they all lead to no video showing on the screen.

Any assistance in getting media portal to just let irss change the channel would be appriciated. Idealy i want IRSS changing the channel and tvserver staying stuck on channel 3.

Attachments

• channelConfig.PNG
    channelConfig.PNG
    74.2 KB

mystraven

Portal Member
June 17, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
bump :)

the best part is, i have found about 5 references to my problem, but noone ever says what they did to fix it, just that it is fixed..:(

PABeaver

Portal Member
November 12, 2004
Portland, OR
Home Country
In the picture you have posted, try setting the channel in the Tuner Parameters to 3 for every channel. I see from your other post that the test button works in IRSS, so is your set top box changing channel when you select the channel in the MediaPortal client? I don't have your card and I don't IR blast, so I don't have the answer, just trying to help trouble shoot.

R300

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    As far as I know you still need to populate every TV channel that you are going to tune into TV Server even though your settop box is actually changing the channels. I used Schedules Direct to add all the channels into tv server then have the blaster change the cable box. Check out this --> thread <--.

It is a different card but it's along the same lines in what you are trying to do with your setup.

mystraven

Portal Member
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    R300 Yeah, i manually added all my channels, very painful i'll tell you. i would like to know how you got schedules direct to add them for you, that would be good info. I currently use mc2xml for my guide.

PABeaver it appears that both are happening currently as, if i change channels everything goes grey or staticy when the tuner tunes off of channel 3, but when i go back to channel 3, i notice the comcast miniguide popping up like it does on every channel change. what i think is happening is irss is actually working, but the tuner is also changing the channel.

PABeaver i misread your post, sorry, will try that, probably a good idea :)

ok, i tried setting the channel to 3 in a bunch of channels, but that makes irss just send a 3 to the set top box. i was thinking maybe i need to set the frequency to be the same for all of them, but i need to figure out what the actual frequency for channel 3 is first

mystraven

Portal Member
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    kinda interesting how the quick reply merged my replies over the space of an hour into 1 post. anyway, i did also play around with the frequency but that didnt seem to matter. i feel like i'm missing something simple, or at least that this should be simple.

mystraven

Portal Member
    June 17, 2011
    Home Country
    trying now, will report back, thanks !

well, the installer doesn't like me because i don't have a hauppauge card, so it won't install anything :(

ok, so i played around with a few things to no avail. my real problem here is, how do i make mediaportal (tvserver i guess really) not attempt to change the channel at the actual tuner?

I know i can get irblaster to change the channel at the set top box. that has been working fine the whole time. the problem is i need tvserver to keep itself on channel 3 nomatter what.

from reading forums it appears there used to be a mode for channels called external that kept tvserver from tuning to a different physical channel, but this no longer exists.

it seems like no matter what i do tvserver wants to tune to a different channel on the card. i played around with server blaster just setting it to different things to see if it would make tvserver leave the channel alone, but that didnt work.

shamus252

Portal Member
    May 27, 2011
    Home Country
    My bad tought you said you had the hauppauge 2250 brain fart/to many windows open at once! Probably thought you had a hauppauge cause of R300 post. But I don't see why you should need your box to stay on channel 3. The Avermedia card your using, is it the HP oem one? If it is the HP oem card did the MCE remote inclued a IR receiver/blaster?

Also I might be wrong but I dont be-leave that card has clear qam support.
    And I also think Comcast now broadcast more there channels in clear-QAM and encrypted QAM.

Unsure if people will like this but there is a way to use schedules direct to populate your channels using the free trail, then switch to mc2xml and around 90% of the channels will auto map, might have to manually do a few.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom