Setup for XMLTV in MP (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

How to localize the TV schedule:

Find and download the XMLTV-0.5.32-win32 program from:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=39046

• 1.Install XMLTV into a default directory, ie. C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MyXmltv

2.To configure, run:
    xmltv.exe tv_grab_[your specific zone] --configure [see XMLTV docs]
    Set your time zone, user id, password, and desired TV Listings, as per your zap2it.com account [see docs supplied with xmltv for a perferred certificate and visit labs.zap2it.com to sign up].

3.Create an update batch file, update.bat, and insert the following using plain text and appropriate spacing.
    xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --days 7 --output tvguide.xml

4.From a command prompt in the XMLTV directory, run update.bat and watch for errors. Rerun configuration above, if settings need to be changed/adjusted to match your listings. This example provides 7 days of listings for Canada & US according to your channel selection.

5.Delete the TVDatabasev3/4.db file from:
    C:\Program Files\Team XBMC\MediaPortal\database

6. Configure MedialPortal settings MyTVGuide XMLTV directory to the above default directory.

7.Start MediaPortal, goto to My TV>Schedule and refresh the guide [F3].
The dialog will indicate a successful update, click OK to continue.

*TV Channel names in File/Setup/TVChannels must match the TVGuide data!

Country Specific:
Australia - http://www.onlinetractorparts.com.au/rohbags/
requires Python - http://www.python.org/

Germany - I use a combination of tv movie clickfinder and a small app that converts the data to a xml file. It works fine for me, but is limited to a couple of channels unless you buy the full version of clickfinder.

For more information, visit
http://www.tvmovie.de/startseite/index.html and
http://home.snafu.de/w.schneider/tvm2xml/.

-alibert

Here is another tool to get the Dutch tv-guide:

TVGids_to_xml

cu

Also Check out : http://myhtpc.net/pub/Tools/XMLTV-Automate/

Now for the Channel icons......
In the C:\Program Files\Team MedialPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs directory are located the icons for the selected channels of your guide.

The icon files have the same naming convention as the TVGuide channels. ie. Channel: Nederland 3, associated icon:nederland 3.png, etc. Icons for custom channels may be found at www.satlogo.com
Open MediaPortal, My TV, and the selected channel icon will appear in the top left corner with appropriate details to the right, describing the selected channel.
Open the Schedule, and all assigned channels will display a thumbnail of the related icon. .

Off course, XMLTV can also download the associated icons, using tag <icon source> with the right programming.

mama

Portal Pro
May 31, 2004
Germany
I´ve some problems with the EPG. I use the german solution with Clickfinder to get my data. In e.g. myHTPC it works fine and all is shown. I now tried it to import this file to MediaPortal, but it doesn´t work for me. I´m sure it depends on the channel names. I can´t change them in the setup. If I want to edit them, only the channel number and the frequency are to change, the name is fix. Is there any trick I forgot?!?

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    you did not say what goes wrong.
    So thats hard to help you with.

What happens when you press F3 after you put the tvguide.xml in the xmltv folder?

mama

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2004
    Germany
    Sorry! I tried to copy the file to the MP-xmltv folder, then renamed it to tvguide.xml. If I now press F3 in the EPG, a progress bar appears and prompts 9 channels and 1026 shows have been imported. But there isn´t shown anything in the EPG. My channels are named "auto 23", "auto 45", etc. after autotuning in the setup. In the tvguide.xml they´re named "ARD", "ZDF", "Sat 1", "Pro 7", etc.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I also use the Clickfinder solution. The autotune function auf MP is nice, but i don't like it at the moment, because ist does not work well together with the XMLTV data.

When you now look into the setup, you will see all channels, those from autotune and those from the XMLTV, currently there is no way to merge them. It would be nice, if there would be some sort of an wizard in the future. I know, that it isn't easy to merge data from two different sources (Autotune, EPG).
    Nice would be a wizard in the setup, that works like that:
    1) enter TV card settings
    2) make an autotune
    3) read a new tvguide.xml and list the channels
    4) combine the channels from autotune and tvguide.xml

What currently works for me is:
    I have done the autotune once, written down all programs with their channels.
    When i do a new install auf MP (with deleting the directory "Team Media Portal"), i copy a new tvguide.xml to the xmltv directory before starting MP for the first time. When you then start MP and enter the setup, all channels from the EPG are listet, and you just have to edit the entries and add the right channel number.

mama

Portal Pro
    May 31, 2004
    Germany
    Ok, it worked for me, but after installing the new release, neither the TV is working anymore, nor the EPG... I hope this is not the default workaround in future after every update to get TV or EPG working?! :lol:

A

Anonymous

With the new Rev 's of MP, you can set the directory of your XMLTV files, so that the installation does not overwrite them. Just remember to use the F2/Settings> TV Channels dialog to redirect MP to your XMLTV Directory!

A

Anonymous

"Off course, XMLTV can also download the associated icons, using tag <icon source> with the right programming"

Can you give me an idea of what is required to do this?

Cheers,
    Paul

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom