Setup for XMLTV in MP (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiwaxia

January 17, 2005
Bad news for italy grabber TV form sourceforuge xmltv project:

Unfortunately the upstream site for tv_grab_it is down for maintenance so that grabber is disabled in this release. And in further bad luck the site used by the other Italian grabber tv_grab_it_lt has changed its format. So there is currently no working grabber for Italy.

:twisted:

AndyWhittaker

Portal Member
September 4, 2004
Macclesfield, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Localisation of XMTV Data in UK Regions

Hi,

My XMLTV successfully runs and produces TVGuide.XML.

However, it downloads local region listings such as:

BBC 1 North West which are named BBC 1 in MP.

I changed the xmltv\share\xmltv\tv_grab_uk_rt\channel.ids file to give generic names to the channels captured.

Example:
east.bbc1.bbc.co.uk:93:BBC ONE
london.bbc1.bbc.co.uk:94:BBC ONE
midlands.bbc1.bbc.co.uk:95:BBC ONE
north.bbc1.bbc.co.uk:96:BBC ONE
north-east.bbc1.bbc.co.uk:97:BBC ONE
north-west.bbc1.bbc.co.uk:98:BBC ONE
northern-ireland.bbc1.bbc.co.uk:99:BBC ONE
scotland.bbc1.bbc.co.uk:101:BBC ONE
south.bbc1.bbc.co.uk:102:BBC ONE
south-west.bbc1.bbc.co.uk:103:BBC ONE
wales.bbc1.bbc.co.uk:100:BBC ONE
west.bbc1.bbc.co.uk:104:BBC ONE
east.bbc2.bbc.co.uk:106:BBC TWO
london.bbc2.bbc.co.uk:107:BBC TWO
midlands.bbc2.bbc.co.uk:108:BBC TWO
north.bbc2.bbc.co.uk:110:BBC TWO
north-east.bbc2.bbc.co.uk:111:BBC TWO
north-west.bbc2.bbc.co.uk:109:BBC TWO

This produces a TVGuide.xml like:
<tv source-info-name="Radio Times" generator-info-name="XMLTV" generator-info-url="http://membled.com/work/apps/xmltv/">
<channel id="granadatv.co.uk">
<display-name>ITV1 Granada</display-name>
<display-name>ITV1</display-name>
</channel>
<channel id="north-west.bbc1.bbc.co.uk">
<display-name>BBC1 North West</display-name>
<display-name>BBC ONE</display-name>
</channel>

But MP only parses the 1st <display name> marker. If I swap the order manually:

<tv source-info-name="Radio Times" generator-info-name="XMLTV" generator-info-url="http://membled.com/work/apps/xmltv/">
<channel id="granadatv.co.uk">
<display-name>ITV1</display-name>
<display-name>ITV1 Granada</display-name>
</channel>
<channel id="north-west.bbc1.bbc.co.uk">
<display-name>BBC ONE</display-name>
<display-name>BBC1 North West</display-name>
</channel>

It works fine.

I thought about editing the names within MP's channel guide of TV set-up but this appears to be buggy - you edit the name of "BBC ONE" to "BBC1 North West" and then MP forgets all of its tuning data for that channel.

Any ideas anyone? Or do I run a batch file with a command-line search/replace after a grab?

Andy.

AndyWhittaker

Portal Member
September 4, 2004
Macclesfield, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Great news, Frodo has fixed the editing bug for DVB-T channel names from version 0.1.0.10.

Therefore to get your TVGuide.xml data to successfully import into MediaPortal follow these steps:

1. Generate the guide - use XMLTV.
2. Double-click on TVGUIDE.xml to display it within your web-broswer.
3. Run MediaPortal's Configure and navigate to Television.Channels. The TV Channels tab should be automatically highlighted.
4. Double-click on the TV Station and edit its name to be the same as the 1ST <display-name> entry in your web-browser that corresponds to your localised channel.
5. Do this for each of the incorrectly identified channels.
6. Your TV Guide within MediaPortal should now work correctly.

P.S. Thanks to Frodo and all of the MediaPortal team for a brilliant piece of software.

Andy.

Legolas

Portal Member
March 17, 2005
Help w/ downloading TV ICONS

norgepaul said:
"Off course, XMLTV can also download the associated icons, using tag <icon source> with the right programming"

Can you give me an idea of what is required to do this?

Cheers,
Paul

Same here. What is needed for the EPG to show the ICONS?

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Re: Help w/ downloading TV ICONS

Legolas said:
norgepaul said:
"Off course, XMLTV can also download the associated icons, using tag <icon source> with the right programming"

Can you give me an idea of what is required to do this?

Cheers,
Paul

Same here. What is needed for the EPG to show the ICONS?

Well manually, you can download the icon, name it with the same name as the channel, then place it in thumbs/tv/logos folder in mediaportal.

Sam

S

smoon

Where can I fine the preferred certificate for Zap2it.com? I have searched what I think are all the likey text files in the xmltv folder but can't find any reference to zap2it.com or the certificate.

Thanks for any help,

Steve

broadband412

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
New Yrok
Downloaded Listings don't appear in order

Hi I need some help in getting my tv guide data to load properly. I can download the guide data with no problem but the guide data does not appear in order. For example, I will have channels 1, 2, 3, and channel 4 in order but then would have 5, 6, 12, and 7 in that order. Why won't my guide load properly. How do I get the data to load and be sorted correctly. Thanks.

broadband412

Portal Pro
April 20, 2005
New Yrok
Downloaded Listings don't appear in order

Sorry forgot to mention that I am in North America just in case if the procesdure is different for all the countries to sort the channels correctly. Thanks.

moltas

Portal Pro
April 6, 2005
Sweden
I'm from sweden and found a site called tv.swedb.se which delivers program information in the XMLTV format. On their site they explain how to set up MythTV but doesnt mention Media Portal at all. Also, they seem very Linux orientated. If they can deliver information to MythTV do you guys think that it would be possible to use it for Media Portal?

/Moltas

jim tressler

Portal Pro
June 28, 2005
Hello all - I was able to sucsessfully set up the guide using the sticky- even got the icons working.. .. my question, is this still the best way to get the listings - and more importantly keep them updated? I have followed the update.bat instructions and assume it works.. but only time will tell..

thanks

jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom