Setup Help (1 Viewer)

fatboi

March 11, 2018
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

Can someone please assist in setting up mediaportal, I have tried on both windows 7 & 10 but have the same problem. (both 32 bit)

I have a TBS6909 Octo card in which Mediaportal can see all 8 tuners but when I run a scan it will only pick up 5 HD channels. There is nothing wrong with the dish alignment ect as I have TBS 6984 card in which scans and finds all channels no problem.

I've noticed from the logs that the 6909 card shows the Signal Level as 0 and Signal Quality as 60 ... guessing this is not right? (6984 card shows 70+ Signal Level)

DVBViewer can pick all channels up ok on the 6909 card so I know the card is ok, which means I must of missed something when setting up mediaportal.

I'm in the UK connecting to Astra 28.2E (Freesat)

Have attached the logs files, please note this is a clean w10 install as is mediaportal so is currently midway through scanning for channels.

Anyone have any ideas please?

cheers

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2018-03-11-16.11.04.zip
    52.8 KB

RossMcivor

June 22, 2018
Wales, UK
Home Country
Im in the same boat, im getting same levels as you describe, when i scan i get a small handful of HD channels, nothing more, while in tbsviewer i can watch every channel, sure its software rather than hardware.. just as i assume your problem is also.. we all need help setting up these tbs6909 cards.. im stuck with one pc with all the channels and no way to stream tiny pop to my tv to stop the kids moaning :), i upgraded from the tbs 6285 quad dvb-t/t2 which worked fine, and is no longer an option, theres no tv signal that makes it to my new home in the countryside, and have to rely on satelite, if any one wants a copy of my logs, youll have to tell me where they are :)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    I know this is quite an old thread, but was the solution ever found?
    Unfortunately, MP's TV expert retired from the development team several years ago, and no one has emerged to replace him. So I think that this problem probably remains in the product. I agree with Ross McIvor's conclusion that it is most likely a software problem (i.e. an MP problem), and not a hardware problem.

If you have already purchased the TBS 6909, you could try the following:

(1) Increase the scanning timeouts (e.g. double all of them) on the "Scan" tab in the "General" section of "TV Server Config" (see this page in the Wiki, about halfway down).

(2) If (1) is unsuccessful, you could try both of the other TV Servers that are included with a recent build of MP2. The default TV Server is TVE3 ("TV Engine version 3"), but there is also TVE3.5, and TvMosaic. If you are not offered these as choices when you install MP2, you are not using the most-recent build. Note: to use TvMosaic you will separately need to install the TvMosaic server (MP2 installs only the TvMosaic client). I think that this build includes TVE3, TVE3.5, and the TvMosaic client. The TvMosaic server can be downloaded from here.

If you have not yet purchased the TBS 6909, you might want to reconsider which tuner card to buy (e.g. buy two quad-tuner satellite cards instead of the single octo-tuner card). Alternatively, investigate other media-center products and confirm that they support the TBS 6909 before you purchase the card.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

harryzwo

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I installed version MP2_2.4.1.MP2-672_CustomInstaller with TV-Server 3.5 and after the installation I get an error about a missing file.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2023-02-18-18.31.55.zip
      120.6 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I installed version MP2_2.4.1.MP2-672_CustomInstaller with TV-Server 3.5 and after the installation I get an error about a missing file.
    The logs do unfortunately not show anything about a missing file. Because it's a new setup version, you should better once uninstall MP2 completely and then reinstall it.

harryzwo

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mit dieser Version habe ich eine Neuinstallation gemacht.
    Hier steht aber, dass eine Datei fehlt.

[2023-02-18 18:19:06,240] [74078 ] [SetupTv ] [MediaPortal.Common.Services.Logging.Log4NetLogger] [ERROR] - PluginManager: Error while loading DLLs.
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Die Datei oder Assembly "Microsoft.Owin, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.
    Dateiname: "Microsoft.Owin, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"
    bei System.ModuleHandle.ResolveType(RuntimeModule module, Int32 typeToken, IntPtr* typeInstArgs, Int32 typeInstCount, IntPtr* methodInstArgs, Int32 methodInstCount, ObjectHandleOnStack type)
    bei System.ModuleHandle.ResolveTypeHandleInternal(RuntimeModule module, Int32 typeToken, RuntimeTypeHandle[] typeInstantiationContext, RuntimeTypeHandle[] methodInstantiationContext)
    bei System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.ResolveType(Int32 metadataToken, Type[] genericTypeArguments, Type[] genericMethodArguments)
    bei System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.FilterCustomAttributeRecord(CustomAttributeRecord caRecord, MetadataImport scope, Assembly& lastAptcaOkAssembly, RuntimeModule decoratedModule, MetadataToken decoratedToken, RuntimeType attributeFilterType, Boolean mustBeInheritable, Object[] attributes, IList derivedAttributes, RuntimeType& attributeType, IRuntimeMethodInfo& ctor, Boolean& ctorHasParameters, Boolean& isVarArg)
    bei System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(RuntimeModule decoratedModule, Int32 decoratedMetadataToken, Int32 pcaCount, RuntimeType attributeFilterType, Boolean mustBeInheritable, IList derivedAttributes, Boolean isDecoratedTargetSecurityTransparent)
    bei System.Reflection.CustomAttribute.GetCustomAttributes(RuntimeAssembly assembly, RuntimeType caType)
    bei System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetCustomAttributes(Type attributeType, Boolean inherit)
    bei MediaPortal.Common.Utils.CompatibilityManager.ScanAssembly(Assembly asm)
    bei MediaPortal.Common.Utils.CompatibilityManager.CheckLoadedAssemblies()
    bei MediaPortal.Common.Utils.CompatibilityManager.IsPluginCompatible(Type plugin, Boolean checkAgainstCaller)
    bei Mediaportal.TV.Server.Plugins.Base.PluginLoader.IsPluginCompatible(Type type)
    bei Castle.MicroKernel.Registration.BasedOnDescriptor.ExecuteIfCondition(Type type)
    bei Castle.MicroKernel.Registration.BasedOnDescriptor.Accepts(Type type, Type[]& baseTypes)
    bei Castle.MicroKernel.Registration.BasedOnDescriptor.TryRegister(Type type, IKernel kernel)
    bei Castle.MicroKernel.Registration.FromDescriptor.Castle.MicroKernel.Registration.IRegistration.Register(IKernelInternal kernel)
    bei Castle.MicroKernel.Registration.BasedOnDescriptor.Castle.MicroKernel.Registration.IRegistration.Register(IKernelInternal kernel)
    bei Castle.MicroKernel.DefaultKernel.Register(IRegistration[] registrations)
    bei Castle.Windsor.WindsorContainer.Register(IRegistration[] registrations)
    bei Mediaportal.TV.Server.Plugins.Base.PluginLoader.Load()

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just tried the installer with all 3 types of TV-plugin and it works w/o issue, so it's at least not a general issue.
    Did you remove everything from C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal prior to installation? It could be, that some files from earlier installation remained, because of the new installer format.

harryzwo

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, I deleted everything from C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal and C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal.
    I will try the installation again

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, I deleted everything from C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal and C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal.
    I will try the installation again
    Remove (Better move temporal) everything in "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\" (only possible, if server inactive or uninstalled already)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom