Setup question - what do I need for a basic setup with some additional commands ...?

Discussion in 'IR Server Suite (IRSS)' started by pur_berger, January 26, 2016.

1. pur_berger
    • Super User

pur_berger Super User

Ratings:
    +270 / 1
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    Show System Specs
    Hello,

I start thinking I'm to stupid to ubderstand teh setup - I was under teh impression that if I want onyl some very basci tasks teh setup would be rather stright forard:

- Philips MCE Receiver
    - Harmony 600 Remote control

Map some of the Harmony buttons (Menue, Info, Up, Down to specific actions so for menue I want "Y", for Info "F9", for Down "Home" and so on ...)

What I did:

Setup the last version linked in teh forum working with 1.13
    Let the server find the connected receivers - appart from imon (my display) and Keypad it also finds philips MCE.
    Start the translator and set a Profile for MP
    programm the Remote with functions for teh keys I want to map (menue with DVD Menue or a self defined key with #
    set in teh translator the action for DVDMenue to send F9 instead and the # key to send shift+{F9}

for testing I also copied teh actions to teh global settings - but when I check them with HDDemo they are not coming through at all - the PC still receives teh original commands. Shouldn't IRSS not take over this part and simulate teh PC a different one?

I tried to find some logs - but could find any.

Can anyone explain me where I'm wrong?

THX in advance.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CyberSimian
    • Team MediaPortal

CyberSimian Test Group

Ratings:
    +960 / 3
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Show System Specs
    If these changes are all that you want to make, and you are using the Philips MCE receiver and Harmony remote, you do not need to use IRSS. You can make the changes that you want using the "Mappings" panel in "MP Config":

MP Config -> Remotes and Input Devices -> Generic HID -> Mappings

Are you intending to make more-complex changes that the "Mappings" panel cannot handle? I have never used IRSS, so I cannot advise on how to set it up.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

4. pur_berger
    • Super User

pur_berger Super User

Ratings:
    +270 / 1
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    Show System Specs
    Also an option. The only thing is that I also need to send two commands for switching ambibox profiles (like shidt+n and shigt+w). I hace mapped these to windows geneeal and I think MyMuaic and MyPuctures but these also don't work:(

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!