Setup question - what do I need for a basic setup with some additional commands ...? (1 Viewer)

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hello,

I start thinking I'm to stupid to ubderstand teh setup - I was under teh impression that if I want onyl some very basci tasks teh setup would be rather stright forard:

- Philips MCE Receiver
    - Harmony 600 Remote control

Map some of the Harmony buttons (Menue, Info, Up, Down to specific actions so for menue I want "Y", for Info "F9", for Down "Home" and so on ...)

What I did:

Setup the last version linked in teh forum working with 1.13
    Let the server find the connected receivers - appart from imon (my display) and Keypad it also finds philips MCE.
    Start the translator and set a Profile for MP
    programm the Remote with functions for teh keys I want to map (menue with DVD Menue or a self defined key with #
    set in teh translator the action for DVDMenue to send F9 instead and the # key to send shift+{F9}

for testing I also copied teh actions to teh global settings - but when I check them with HDDemo they are not coming through at all - the PC still receives teh original commands. Shouldn't IRSS not take over this part and simulate teh PC a different one?

I tried to find some logs - but could find any.

Can anyone explain me where I'm wrong?

THX in advance.

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I start thinking I'm to stupid to understand the setup - I was under the impression that if I want only some very basic tasks the setup would be rather straight forward:
    - Philips MCE Receiver
    - Harmony 600 Remote control
    Map some of the Harmony buttons (Menu, Info, Up, Down to specific actions so for menu I want "Y", for Info "F9", for Down "Home" and so on ...)
    If these changes are all that you want to make, and you are using the Philips MCE receiver and Harmony remote, you do not need to use IRSS. You can make the changes that you want using the "Mappings" panel in "MP Config":

MP Config -> Remotes and Input Devices -> Generic HID -> Mappings

Are you intending to make more-complex changes that the "Mappings" panel cannot handle? I have never used IRSS, so I cannot advise on how to set it up.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Also an option. The only thing is that I also need to send two commands for switching ambibox profiles (like shidt+n and shigt+w). I hace mapped these to windows geneeal and I think MyMuaic and MyPuctures but these also don't work:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom