ShortCut'er Plugin V2 (1 Viewer)

nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    version 2.0.5 is available, new features: add possibility to reset Caps-Lock & Num-Lock on MediaPortal start-up

....I often forget CapsLock active when I start MediaPortal, so every time I get up from the sofa and then to remove it :p ....

Download from repository

Last edited:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, thanks for updating the shortcuter plugin!

I'm struggling with the ability to open with parameters though. For instance I would like to add shortcuts to open MovPics to 'All Movies' and OnlineVideos to 'English' catagory..

I know the wiki gives a couple of examples, but doesn't really help to create new parameters? At least not to me! Any tips on where to look for this kind of information? Is it provided by the actual individual plugin developers?

Thanks!

EDIT: I'm also having issues using the config tool, its probably something I am doing wrong but, I can not edit any of the keys in the Key [KeyCode] or caption columns. For instance I select Movies in the tree and click the add button - this creates a new shortcut set to Moving Pictures with the key 'A' and the caption 'Shortcut' but I can not change either of these values or the values of existing default shortcuts?

Last edited:

nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi @TheBatfink

The "load parameters" or "startup parameters" or "launch parameters" or even "hyperlink parameters", are made available by plugin developers, so the only way is to look in the documentation that provide (or ask directly to the developer).

For Moving Pictures I found here an example: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...s_Guide/1_Develop_a_Plugin/Startup_Parameters

I tried it successfully --> Load Parameter is categoryname:${AllMovies}

2014-01-01_183334.png

For OnlineVideos, I found here the documentation: http://code.google.com/p/mp-onlinevideos2/wiki/LoadParameter
    but I think you need to create a group of sites and then pass the name of the group in the Load Parameter..

For the problems you encounter with the configuration tool, I do not understand..
    Of course you can change all parameters of each shortcut, including Caption and assigned Key, to add a shortcut you have to use the Add button
    RowAdd.png
    , which appends a default one, to assign the target can write directly to the Window ID or double click on the item in treeview, while the Caption or the Key you just positions the mouse on the box and then edited the field.
    The only parameter that could occasionally cause problems is precisely the Key (KeyCode), because when you're placed on the box, it activates a "keyboard hook" to intercept the keys you pressed.. if not change, try moving to another box (with the mouse) and return there ;)

let me know

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hey thanks for the info, I'll have a read up :)

As for the changing of keys, I got that working in the end. I was clicking in the field to change the key, but found I needed to select the tree item first then press a key?

nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I tried it and I noticed that moving the mouse from the treeview to the Key field of the table, the first time is not always correctly activated the hook (I have to do some testing)..

if the Key (KeyCode) not change, simply move the mouse on another box in the table of shortcuts (eg. Caption box), and then returns to the Key box, so it should work

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nice stuff, I'm still using the older version of that plug-in. I'll upgrade ASAP.
    Do you or could you implement a 'toggle' feature?
    Say if the view associated with the key is already activated then go to previous view instead.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Actually you could do it even better by enabling one shortcut to cycle through multiple views.
    Think of the teletext key on your remote. You are fullscreen TV , hit teletext shows teletext, hit teletext again shows teletext transparent, hit the key again closes teletext.
    Not sure if that's doable or even if MP supports transparent teletext so maybe that example is not relevant.[DOUBLEPOST=1388936879][/DOUBLEPOST]How is this plugin different from KeyboardInput plugin?
    Can both plugins be installed?
    I could not find it through MP extensions manager for some reason but KeyboardInput turned up.[DOUBLEPOST=1388937252][/DOUBLEPOST]Also it would be nice if caps lock could actually be enabled on start-up. That would help me workaround an issue I have with AZERTY keyboard.

Last edited:

nicsergio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Actually you could do it even better by enabling one shortcut to cycle through multiple views.
    Think of the teletext key on your remote. You are fullscreen TV , hit teletext shows teletext, hit teletext again shows teletext transparent, hit the key again closes teletext.
    Not sure if that's doable or even if MP supports transparent teletext so maybe that example is not relevant.

The functionality of having a shortcut with cyclic destinations would be feasible, although it does not seem very comfortable: I had in mind for a future version to implement a function "skin navigator", which is activated by a shortcut that allows you to navigate on the windows most used simply through the dialog box (ie without the need for changes to the skin).

This is because, at present, when you want to switch from one window to another, you have these options:
    • use a dedicated key on the remote control, mapped using eg. shortcuter, but the remote control buttons are limited in number and, after mapping the various actions required (play, stop, etc.) there remain very few for this functions
    • have a link on the current window, made available by the skinner (but usually covers a feature linked to the current page, nothing more)
    • return to the BasicHome and select the destination from here, but usually this is a window from loading slow, full of fanart and animations
    The use of a simple standard dialog box allow greater speed and the ability to select multiple pages, such as a menu ..

How is this plugin different from KeyboardInput plugin?
    Can both plugins be installed?
    I could not find it through MP extensions manager for some reason but KeyboardInput turned up.

AFAIK Keyboard Input plugin allows you to completely remap all the actions of MP, so it is much more advanced than ShortCut'er, wich instead proposes to go in addition to the standard configuration.
    I have not installed Keyboard Input plugin, but I think the two plugins should live, of course if you map a key combination with KeyboardInput, this will never reach ShortCut'er and will be managed by the first plugin, as it uses a keyboard hook that intercepts keystrokes without them arrive to the system..

Also it would be nice if caps lock could actually be enabled on start-up. That would help me workaround an issue I have with AZERTY keyboard.

I do not know what its usefulness, but, if needed, I can change the plugin in the next release, leaving the possibility of:
    • force the reset of caps lock (recommended)
    • force the activation of caps lock (?)
    • leave the active state

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom