• Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2010
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hallo all

version 2.0.6 is available, new features:

•full forcing Caps-Lock & Num-Lock at start-up
    •improving the shortcut key assignment
    •management cyclical shotcuts (multi destinations)
    •management toggle shotcuts (go to previous window if already at destination)
    •add clone shortcut command

Download from repository :)

Overrides at start-up:

as required by @Stéphane Lenclud, you can now select the type of force with regard to caps-lock and num-lock:

Overrides.png

Key assignment:
    has been improved mechanism for the allocation of the key to the shortcut, double click on the box, it opens a small window that displays the current keycode and listens for keypresses:

KeyAssign.png

@TheBatfink: you might try if it is more comfortable than before?

Cyclical shortcuts:
    from an idea by Stéphane Lenclud: creating different shortcuts, they have in common the keys combination, you get a group, or a cyclic shortcut, each time you cycle through the various windows.
    Here are three examples:

CyclicShortcut.png

in the first, for example, to press <Alt>+<Shift>+<F2>, cyclically go to TV window, fullscreen TV and finally the TV guide.

Toggle shortcuts:
    from an idea by Stéphane Lenclud: with the flag "return", you can set if the view associated with the shortcut is already activated, then go to previous view instead.
    This setting is ignored in the case of cyclic shortcut.

Thanks to all.

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @nicsergio,

Small question: where are the ShortCut definitions stored in MePo?

Why am I asking: Yesterday - between two World Cup games - I migrated my HTPC (Win 7 Pro) from a hookup to a WHSv1 to a Windows Server 2012 Essentials setup in combination with Lights Out. After a lot of activity on the HTPC with rebooting, copying of profiles and some shock as there now was a new user, the system came eventually back. The process was quite different from the migration of another PC (running Win 7 Home Premium) the day before .

Mostly everything was still working, except some desktop icons having gone (probably during the earlier profile copying process) and - much more important - part of my Harmony remote functionality. While the standard functions that are defined within the Imon tool are still there and fully functional, any additional mapping that I did through Shortcut'er is gone. Whenever I press one of the associated keys on my Harmony 555, I hear a Windows error sound and am getting an error screen of the kind that this function is prohibited by a policy. It appears that these keys are now calling Windows MediaCenter functions, which are deactivated.

It's not a catastrophe since I will replace the current HTPC shortly, however, it's a little bit annoying that the previously working functionality has disappeared. I am probably only a few hours away from family discovering this and they will definitely complain about it!

Many thanks,
    HTPC_Sourcer

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is a ShortCuter.xml file somewhere.
    Thanks Steph,

I will look for it - between two games ;). The question then is, why it would not have been pulled into the new user profile. Hopefully it will be sufficient to simply restore into the right location.

regards,
    HTPC_Sourcer

cladinshadows85

Portal Pro
    February 3, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,
    I'm done a fresh install of mepo1.8, and installing shortcut'r 2.0.6, it isn't coming up into the config for me to enable it.
    I can however I can configure the settings of shortcut'r through the installer, but doesn't work once inside mepo
    anyone else having this issue?

EDIT: - Fixed the problem. Needed to go to expert mode in mepo configuration and it then became available to enable :-0

Last edited:

golbe

Portal Member
    October 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    The plugin does not work with HIP for me. Neither Shift,nor Ctrl or Alt is received by Mediaportal (checked with debug verbosity).
    If I use the same key press combination with my wireless keyboard it works fine

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The plugin does not work with HIP for me. Neither Shift,nor Ctrl or Alt is received by Mediaportal (checked with debug verbosity).
    If I use the same key press combination with my wireless keyboard it works fine

What's HIP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom