Portal Pro
June 8, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,
I'm using
  • MP 1.18,
  • Harmony One Remote Control,
  • Eventghost to control MP on a local PC.
The majority of actions i could emulate with key-emulation in eventghost. They work fine.
But for important actions i'm missing keyboard-shortcuts in MP1 (TVGuide, MyTV, My Radio, My Video, My Music, My Pictures, My Weather and so on).
I tried to use the MP-Plugin "EventghostPlus". But I'm not able to install the MP-Plugin because I only found a version, which isn't compatible with MP1.18. During the installation i get an error, that i have to use an older MPEInstaller.
I would like to avoid the Eventghostplus-Plugin for MP, if I would know the shortcuts for the actions above. Then I could use the key-emulation in eventghost.
Who can help? Or is there another idea, to solve my problem. Thank You.
thoath

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I don't have a solution to your problem, but it would probably help if you could specify:

(1) The identity of the IR receiver that you are using.
    (2) The device specified in the Harmony One setup.
    (3) What you have selected in "Remotes and Other Input Devices" in "MP Config".

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

thoath

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello CyberSimian,
    here are the information:

(1a) IR-WakeUp-USB from Infrarot-Empfänger mit Einschalter
    (1b) Atric-Plugin for Eventghost -> all hard- and software-keys generate really events in eventghost
    (2) Media-PC (MCE-EU) (MicrosoftWindows Media Center (EU))
    (3) Generic-HID, Enable HID = true

Ciao
    thoath

Last edited:

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    here is the information
    Thank you for the link -- I was not aware of that device. I have bookmarked the link for future reference. :)

Unfortunately I am not sure that I can help you, other than to confirm that MP lacks certain important keyboard shortcuts. :(

I use the Ortek VRC-1100 remote control. The Ortek sends signals that the IR receiver translates into WMC keyboard shortcuts. Unfortunately, some of the WMC keyboard shortcuts differ from the corresponding MP keyboard shortcuts, with the result that those buttons on the remote do not work in MP.

When I first obtained the remote, I looked at the possibility of using an AutoHotKey script to convert the WMC keyboard shortcuts into MP keyboard shortcuts, but I found the same as you -- some important buttons on the remote (e.g. the GUIDE button) do not have MP keyboard shortcuts. So that solution was a non-starter. :(

The Ortek remote is supported in MP, but it requires an additional processing layer that intercepts the keyboard shortcut and converts it into the internal MP function. This additional layer is called the "Centarea HID" and is accessed on the "Sceneo" tab in "Remotes and Other Input Devices" in "MP Config".

I think that your remote also requires an additional processing layer to perform a similar function, and presumably that is what the EventGhost plugin does. However, if you cannot get the plugin to work, and there is no one around to fix what is wrong with it, the EventGhost solution may not be usable. :(

If your Harmony One is sending signals that get translated into standard WMC keyboard shortcuts by the IR receiver, it is possible that you could use the "Centarea HID", but it might need some changes to the config file to work with your remote. With this solution you would not use EventGhost at all (I think). The current version of the config file can be downloaded here:

Vista MCE Remote Control VRC-1100

This includes an AutoHotKey script which implements the START button (to start MP from the desktop). However, the script also does other processing, to try to circumvent some of the quirks of the Ortek. With any luck, your remote won't suffer from those quirks. But if you are already familiar with EventGhost, and not familiar with AutoHotKey, you might be reluctant to adopt this solution. :unsure:

thoath

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you,
    I want experiment tonight.
    I need an additional processing layer, I know. I had scheduled Eventghost for that. But the problem is that I do not know which commands MP expects to perform certain actions, for instance to open MyPictures. If I knew her, maybe I could send her from EG. Is it a HEX-code or any other code that needs to be sent? Unfortunately, this is not clear to me.
    Or, if I knew, which codes the HID-interface expect, then could I send it via EG.
    thoath

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    But the problem is that I do not know which commands MP expects to perform certain actions, for instance to open MyPictures. If I knew it, maybe I could send it from EG. Is it a HEX-code or any other code that needs to be sent?
    I have never used EventGhost, but AutoHotKey could not do what you are suggesting.

The defined external interface to MP is the keyboard shortcut, so it is straightforward for EventGhost or AutoHotKey to generate keyboard shortcuts to perform particular actions. But as mentioned previously, various important keyboard shortcuts (such as GUIDE) are missing from MP, so EventGhost and AutoHotKey cannot send them.

The additional processing needs to be integrated into the MP executable code, so that it can invoke the relevant C++ or C# function with approriate parameters. It is not as simple as "sending the correct hex code". I suspect that that is why there is an EventGhost plugin -- so that it can be integrated into the MP executable code when the plugin is installed. And the "Centarea HID" processing layer is part of standard MP, and so is already integrated into the MP executable code.

So, in summary I don't think that you will be able to do what you want. :(

thoath

Portal Pro
    June 8, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Solved.
    I found in the forum a interesting site EventGhostPlus. There I found a new (I think inofficial) version of eventghostplus (version 1.1.4.1). It was possible to install this new version on MP 1.18. It wasn't nessessary to config anything in this MP-Plugin. I had only to drop in Eventghost the IR-Events to the Eventghost-plugin "Mediaportal". And now it works. Thanks for Your help.
    Ciao
    thoath

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom