Should I switch from MP1 (1.2.3.0) to MP2? (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there something similar for My TV-series? My family have 278 series with 5546 episodes and I have not found a "MyTVseries2Nfo" app and TraktTV (that could sync at least 80%) don't sync watched status for Mp2 yet (what I know).
    Yes, there is. A series and movie management is integrated into MP2.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @Skywizard
    One word of caution: you would be incorrect if you assumed that the import/export function handled all settings. It does not. Therefore you may find that TV is not functional after carrying out your proposed plan.

Skywizard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 14, 2015
    Canberra
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    @Skywizard
    One word of caution: you would be incorrect if you assumed that the import/export function handled all settings. It does not. Therefore you may find that TV is not functional after carrying out your proposed plan.
    OK thanks I may as well do a fresh configure from scratch then and allow time to do that.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Is there something similar for My TV-series?
    Sadly MPTVSeries did not support any kind of external data sources, so no .nfo file support available here. MP2 did support .nfo that can be generated by external tools like Ember, TinyMediamanger or MKV-Buddy and also by other HTPC software like Kodi or Plex.

don't sync watched status for Mp2 yet
    No, but for this there is an export function inside TVSeries. The files generated by this are readable by MP2-Edit and for this your watched flags can be transferred into MP2. MP2-Edit also offers export functions for watched flags from MovingPictures, MyFilms and Myvideos for your movies...

if you assumed that the import/export function handled all settings
    Not all, but nearly all. Best is to do a fresh channel scan, define the hybrid tuners if necessary and map the channels to the tuners. All other stuff including channel groups, schedules, and so on can be exported and re-imported again. It took me about 20 Minutes (most of it are for the new channel scan) to have MP2 TV working with all settings I had in MP1 earlier...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    All other stuff including channel groups, schedules, and so on can be exported and re-imported again.
    That's not true. I know that at least EPG configuration and some important tuner settings are not handled. There's probably more that I'm not aware of as well.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Then this had changed in last 8 or 9 month. At the beginning of this year all I had to do was what I wrote above. And even the new channel scan wasn't 100% necessary, but I preferred it the "clean" way......
    Since then I didn't need to do so as since then I'm only using MP2.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No, the code hasn't changed in several years. For some people the missed details will not be crucial; for others it will. It depends on the tuners, EPG source/plugin, schedule types etc.

raffe

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    No, but for this there is an export function inside TVSeries. The files generated by this are readable by MP2-Edit and for this your watched flags can be transferred into MP2. MP2-Edit also offers export functions for watched flags from MovingPictures, MyFilms and Myvideos for your movies...
    WHAAAT!!! o_O NOW I REALLY feel stupid! I instantly checked MP-TVSeries settings General tab, and there we have "Export Watched Flags..."

:confused: Has that export thingy always been there? No, no! Don't answer that, I will just be even more embarrassed if I know it has been there for years and I have been looking for that function for years :oops:

Anyway, THANK YOU, you have made my day! Now there is nothing holding me back! :)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    There is a Trakt plugin for MP2, but afaik it's broken at the moment. I don't use it so I'm not absolutely sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom