Shoutcast Directory Plugin (1 Viewer)

scargill

Portal Member
November 19, 2007
I waited till this morning - downloaded what's on site - made no difference at all. Still can't access favourite folder with Microsoft control - genres etc still not showing - sometimes... seems no different to before. Did I download from the wrong place? Went to front page of MediaPortal and clicked on the right....

vertiger

Portal Pro
July 8, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
i have tested it for the both skins (bluetwo and bluetwo wide) again - it works

did you download 0.0.0.2b and extracted it to the right place (overwrite the old files)?

Deckard

Portal Pro
June 25, 2006
Home Country
France France
Thanks again for your plugin. It should really be part of MP !
Do you think it will be possible to use BASS renderer, visualizations, etc. ?

T_Nielsen

November 22, 2007
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Hi

As earlyer said.. SUPER

It works very good.

I have a surgestion for furture inprovement.

Under the small visualition is now written a number.. it would be perfect if there was written the actual track.

Then I can see the track name while playing the station.

best regards.

(sorry for my bad english)

scargill

Portal Member
November 19, 2007
I had the wrong version (go to the front page - grab the update - it's the previous version).

Great job - FAVOURITES now works... BUT although the lists APPEAR to work... try goin gback and forth between genres, picking stations.... maybe pop into favourites and back to a different genre. Before long you'll find that you get the WRONG list - just as if it were an old web page that is being cached. At one point I went into ADULT (now don't jump to conclusions) to add RIVIERA radio to my favourites. Then I went to 50's music - and the list showed only Riviera Radio!!! Similarly at one point I went to NEWS genre - and it showed the list of stations I'd previously listed.

Don't know what it is but on occasion it is definitely cacheing... still - moving forward, this is great...

Pete.

phunqe

Portal Pro
April 28, 2007
I'm having an issue with the plugin. Went from Vista, where it worked perfectly to XP where it now plays back every stream stuttering.

BASS player is setup with ASIO, I can play other music without issues.

Please advise, log attached. Thanks.

EDIT: And what is the exception with the missing shoutcastdir.xml file about by the way. What/where is this file?

vertiger

Portal Pro
July 8, 2007
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
I'm having an issue with the plugin. Went from Vista, where it worked perfectly to XP where it now plays back every stream stuttering.

BASS player is setup with ASIO, I can play other music without issues.

Please advise, log attached. Thanks.

EDIT: And what is the exception with the missing shoutcastdir.xml file about by the way. What/where is this file?

sorry, but i can not do anything about the playback, the plugin just uses the internal player (like my music).

shoutcastdir.xml is the configuration file for the shoutcast-webservice. it is not needed now, because the plugin has defaults builtin.

Hi

As earlyer said.. SUPER

It works very good.

I have a surgestion for furture inprovement.

Under the small visualition is now written a number.. it would be perfect if there was written the actual track.

Then I can see the track name while playing the station.

best regards.

(sorry for my bad english)

thanks

the number is the port from the stream-adress. i have tried to change that, but had no success. I use the internal player for the playback, which displays the filename under the visual (in this case the stream-adress).

m0deth

Portal Pro
December 31, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
check your streaming codecs, sounds like you have an old one, grab the newest ffdshow and this should clear up, or reinstall winamp to overwrite the codec setup for streaming, sometimes this helps.

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Shout cat directory plugin do not use my music sound device but windows default one.
    Is it correct? Imho shuold use my music sound device because for example I've two device in my windows (one
    card the realttek HD embedded in asus p5k) but two device the analog and digital one. In Vista it's normale I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom