Shoutcast Directory Plugin (2 Viewers)

snomo

April 12, 2008
Fifield, WI
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi,

I've been a lurker/user of this plugin for a while. I want to say that I appreciate the work done here, and although I don't write C or VB, I understand the time and difficulties in writing apps like this.

I Just updated my system (updated XP pro to sp3, updated from MP RC1 to MP 1.0). Then I installed ShoutcastDirectoryPlugin-0.9.2.mpi, and although I like the new MP1.0, many of the same issues I had with the old Shoutcast plugin seem to remain. Most of my problems revolve around the ability to get the Genres and stations listings to show up or update. It seems as though this has actually gotten worse since updating.
Reading through the forum, there is mention of changing the "user agent". I have attempted to do this using MediaPortal Configuration, but it doesn't matter what I enter, since it always reverts back to "randomize".

When it works, it is great, but the WAF is way down low right now.

Thanks,

Mark

Mr. Bean

Portal Pro
June 21, 2005
Germany
It would be nice if SHOUTcast radio is as easy to use like in WINAMP player:

unbenannt2y443.jpg

choose a genre, choose station, tune in click ... listen

Hor5t66

February 6, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Reconnect

Hi, can you include the function at the plugin, that a radiostation automatic reloads when the internetconnection gets lost for a short time?

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
To the DEV of this plugin, please go to the link below and fill out the form to put this plugin in the master plugin list. I hope this takes off and becomes very useful to ALL users of MP. Just copy and paste the fileds from the first post to fill out into your post, and fill them out. then anytime there is an update to your plugin, please update that post in that topic as well.

Thanks

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/master-plugin-list-54678/

jonbenton

Portal Member
June 24, 2008
Home Country
Wow!!! Great plugin.
As of now everything works great!

Request:
- Now playing page.
- To be able to delete Genres