Show last active module after standby/hibernate not working (1 Viewer)

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    gibman:

Now after you have fixed the LiveTV audio selection, are you ready to get your hands on this power scheduler thing?
    It stilldoes not work with todays build.

Would be highly appreciated.

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Yeah it could be interesting to get this one fixed.
    Although I am coding blindfolded a bit here since I am not running this setup as u do.

I run a standalone tvserver 24-7.

So my clients are multiseaters.

Although I can make a shot at it.

It seems like powerscheduler on the client somehow takes MP to the homescreen before the remember last active module feature persist the current module id.
    This is my theory at least.

PS server plugin as ok ? Its only when activating the PS client plugin ?
    The more precise u can be the better.
    Any specific plugin setting ?

/gibman

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    gibman:
    Thanks for following up.

You pointed me in the right direction by asking "Any specific plugin setting ?" ;)

I opened the PowerScheduler client plugin within MP configuration and the first checkbox is
    "Only allow standby when on home window". I have this activated because if using single seat this prevents the TV server to shutdown the PC when your not watching LiveTV (heartbeat is sent by PS client plugin) but e.g. watching pictures or playing musik (no heartbeat is sent by PS client plugin).

For testing purposes, I have disabled this checkbox. If I am now watching LiveTV in fullscreen, enter standby and resume the PC then LiveTV is resumed but not in fullscreen as it was before entering standby (see attached log) :confused:
    Also, the side effect of disabling this option in single seat is that the power scheduler within the TV server shuts down the PC even when listening to music. So this is not a real solution.

What I don't understand is why the option "only allow standby on home window" causes the jump to the home menu if the "power off" button is pressed on the remote? In my opinion, the power scheduler plugin, upon receiving the comand to enter standby, should first save the last used module, then stop LiveTV and then enter standby. Right?

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    well the last active module is saved :)
    It cant differentiate between a screen (home) called by a plugin (ps client) or by user interaction.

I guess there is a sane reason why PS jumps to the home screen before going into sleep.
    At least when PS resumes the PC it does so in the home screen.

I dont user PS at all, so I am not that familiar with it.

Maybe Bavarian is the one to ask ?

u r welcome to test the attached file.
    I merely avoided going to the homescreen when going into standby.
    Test it for a while and see where it gets u.

/gibman

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks gibman but unfortunately the provided file does not work. :(

What happens:
    I replaced the file and opened MP. Then I started LiveTV. After a few seconds, I pressed the power off butoon on the remote. Now the LiveTV fullscreen changes to LiveTV window screen and the LiveTV is stoped. And there MP stays (windowed LiveTV with black screen). I then closed MP and had a look into the logs. The server log says something about "powerscheduler plugin blocked standby"....

Logs attached.

Maybe you ask Bavarian to have a look if you are not that familar with PS. I don't want to stress you with this issue here...

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The sleep procedure in fullscreen u describe tv is normal.
    TV is stopped and u can see it go from fullscreen to tvhome.
    This part is normal.

Although it seems like PS is blocking the sleep process simply b/c u r not in home screen.
    Try and enter homescreen, then power off .. then I'd guess it work (go to sleep).

/gibman

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I guess if we did avoid having PS resume to home screen, then what would happen when PS wants to standby again ?

This scenario.

1) user start MP from scratch, go to mytv fullscreen,
    2) user enters standby in fullscreen tv
    3) PS client starts up MP while u r at sleep or while PC is unattended - now TV is resumed in fullscreen.
    4) PS does its work...
    5) Now PS wants to standby again, since it is done. I wont/cant since it's not in fullscreen TV.
    So it will just sit there wasting precious watt.

So the reason why PS "asks" for the home screen is simply because when it has to enter standby mode after it has done it's work - it has to rely on the home screen, which is the only screen permitting it to enter standby mode.

Although I think we should be able to handles this in some way.

/gibman

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Try these 2 files.

core.dll in root of MP dir. ex.
    C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\core.dll

and plugin ;
    C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\Process

What it does...

when u go to powerstate (ex. by remote control) then PS will enter home screen, although, it wont be persisted by the "remember last act. module" feature. It simply ignores it.

But I fear that once PS starts, it starts in last module, ex. myvideos.

So the next step will be to check for "what has caused" the power-on ... was it PS or simply the user interactively, ex. the wife wants to see some TV.

We need to differentiate between these 2 situations.

This will be the next step.

In the mean while...test it :)

/gibman

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi gibman,

I tested the files you provided and from a user perspective there is no difference.
    After pressing the standby button, MP enters the home screen and then standby.
    After resume, MP starts up in the home screen and stays there (instead of starting LiveTV).

Logs attached.

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    When I look at the logs I can see that core.dll was updated. so this is fine.

Did u update the plugin as well ? put it in; C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\Process

/gibman

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom