Show last active module after standby/hibernate not working (2 Viewers)

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi gibman,

thanks a lot for the new version.
    However, I still have the sporadic issue that after pressing "power off" on the remote, MediaPortal does not shut down but shows LiveTV in window mode inkl. the EPG! From this point in time, the "power off" button has no effect at all any more :confused:

Could you please have a look at the attached logs? After the shut down failed, I pressed 3 or 4 times the "power off" button again but without any change. I then closed MP manually.

I think if you have figuered out that, I can test the differentiation feature more.

On a side note, I noticed the following:
    1. Your new MediaPortal.exe does not show the splash screen any more when starting up
    2. With the latest SVNs (independent from your special changes), the audio selection does not work reliable any more :( With SVN 16607, the "prefer AC3" option worked perfectly for me but with the latest releases, sometimes MPEG is choosen instead of AC3. Sometimes, the menu shows AC3 as active but MPEG is played... I can reproduce this 100% if I switch from channel "PRO 7" with AC3 audio active to "Das Erste". "Das Erste" has also AC3 but MPEG is choosen instead. You could see that in the attached logs as well.

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Could u attach a screenshot of that "window mode inkl. the EPG!" ??

The missing splashscreen is b/c of the debug build ..dont mind that.

About the audio context menu. Well sometimes the visually indicated chosen audio track is the wrong one.
    but the audio track being sent to the filters is the right one. If u know what I mean.

I am aware of this problem and will try and find a fix.

But if u are saying that u have preferac3 enabled and the audio track selected for u automatically is mpeg -then there is a problem.
    Please bear in mind that ac3 is also ac3 stereo 2.0. U really need to run MP in windowed mode (alt-return)
    then tune a channel that is causing trouble for u - now use a directshow ac3 filter that gives u some information on the received audio stream. ac3filter and ffdaudio does this. This is the only way to acutally determine what audio is being sent.

Also according to your log you have not specified any language preferences - this means when picking an ac3 track, that it simply picks the first one found regardless of language.

but as I said, the visual indication in the list of audio tracks in the audio selection menu is often wrong ...sometimes it's the first audio track being selected, while in fact it is the 2nd audio track being used.

/gibman

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    MPUserFromGER, any news regarding this matter ?

I want to commit the powerscheduler changes you see :)

Also on a sidenote... I am about to build a singleseat tve3 htpc.
    Does "resuming from standby/hibernation" work reliably when resuming fullscreen TV (remember last active module).

How fast is it ?
    As you know the tvservice has to wait for SQL db to get ready, and wait for DVB devices to resume etc etc.

I never really had the opportunity to test this on singleseat.

/gibman

MPUserFromGER

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2006
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi gibman,

sorry for not following up on this issue but due to frequent crashes with the SVNs you made the modifications in I switched back to the most stable SVN for me (16607).

However, I just decided to change from XP to Vista beause my HDD was full anyway. So currently I am tweaking Vista and I am back to the latest SVNs...

Regarding this issue here:
    I think your changes worked fine except for the sporadic issue, where MP would switch to the EPG instead of shuting down, resulting in the inability to switch off until restarting MP. However, I think this bug was there since the beginning but has not been recognized because without your changes it was impossible to shut down the pc out of LiveTV in single seat with power scheduler enabled... Logs are a few posts up.

I would appreciate, if you could commit your changes. I will then test further but not before Monday because I am leaving in a few minutes to a weekend trip :)

Regarding your questions:
    1. The resuming work reliable, also with TV fullscreen
    2. It was very fast (< 5sec)

I appreciate that you switch to single seat with power scheduler because it saves a lot of energy :)

putkonen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    TV-Server Version: tvengine3-02-18-2008--14-51h--Rev17406
    MediaPortal Version: MediaPortal-svn--02-18-2008--14-47-Rev17406.exe
    MediaPortal Skin: Xface
    Windows Version: XP Pro 2002 SP2
    CPU Type: AMD X2 BE-2300
    HDD: Samsung SATA 500 GB
    Memory: 2 GB DDR2
    Motherboard: Asus M2N-VM DH
    Motherboard Chipset: nForce 430
    Motherboard Bios: Award v1302
    Video Card: ASUS EAH2400
    Video Card Driver: 8.451.0.0
    Sound Card: SoundMAX integrated
    Sound Card AC3: coaxial out
    Sound Card Driver: 5.10.1.6110
    1. TV Card: Cinergy 1200 DVB-C
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    1. TV Card Driver: 4.8.3.18
    2. TV Card: Cinergy 1200 DVB-C
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    2. TV Card Driver: 4.8.3.18
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec:
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Antec Fusion V2
    Cooling:
    Power Supply: Antec 430W
    Remote:
    TV:
    TV - HTPC Connection: Sub-D

I have the same issue with SVN 02-18-2008 versions of both MP and TVE3. Any news on this one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom