Show the year of recording in recorded tv/radio (1 Viewer)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just noticed that for older recordings no year is displayed but only the weekday, day and month for my recordings, and I think showing the year (especially for old recordings) is more useful than f.e. what day of the week it was.

Proposal:

Add a new property: "#TV.RecordedTV.Year" and fill that with the year of the recording, so effects on existing skins are none, and for skin developers it's possible to include that info on the screen too. (Perhaps only if year isn't the current year or so)

Patch seems pretty easy, I'll create it if it will be accepted

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    After digging in the code I have found that the format of the labels of the recordings in the list is hardcoded in TvRecorded.cs, method SetLabels, so I'm not able to make this change without changes for everyone.

Does anyone object to this?

Edit: I also like to remove the weekday in that list, in case of recordings of past years to leave more room for the title

Last edited:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    After a bit of silence, I'm ready to proceed on this.
    I do see a lot of duplicated code, and I do want to clean that up first.
    Don't think providing a number of patches is the way to go for this, I think it's better if someone created an issue so I can have several commits on this feature branch and keep things administrated correctly, so if anyone can do this for me...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Please think carefully before proceeding. I suspect the sort of clean up you're starting to think and talk about now is exactly the sort of thing that has already been (or should be in future) done for TVE 3.5. Repeating the clean up could be considered wasted effort.

Please also keep in mind:
    1. If you want a patch for TVE 3 to be accepted, you must make a patch for TVE 3.5.
    2. If you make a change for TV, you will need to make the same changes for radio where applicable.
    TVE 3.5's radio and TV code is much more shared/common, so there's a good chance you'd only have to make changes once... whereas with TVE 3 you'd almost certainly have to do it twice. Once for TV, and again for radio.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, I'll do that.
    But from the brief look into the code, the parts that I need to change feel older than what is in the main branch of MP, I assume that when TVE 3.5 is ready, the code from the TVE branch will be used, and not the code from the MP1 branch?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom