Show Trakt Rating dialog after Episode\Movie has finished (1 Viewer)

wusel

Portal Pro
November 3, 2011
Home Country
Is it possible to configure the plugin that it shows the trakt rating after a new episode?

Last edited by a moderator:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Do you mean show the trakt rating dialog after you have finished an episode?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Currently TVSeries plugin will only show the native tvdb rate dialog after episode is finished. The rating you choose will still get sent to trakt.

If you prefer the trakt dialog then we can add an option to the trakt plugin which can show you the trakt dialog instead. I will move this to the trakt forum since its a better fit there.

We would need to ensure that tvseries, movingpics, myfilms is not configured to already show its dialog otherwise mediaportal will show neither due to a conflict of showing more than one dialog at a time.

wusel

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2011
    Home Country
    This would be a great feature!
    The icons are more appealing too.

wusel

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2011
    Home Country
    Short feedback: I tested the new settings with movingpictures and tvseries and it worked well. No problems occured

Michael_M112

Portal Member
    July 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

thanks for the update. MP TV Series has always been a great plugin and together with the trakt plugin it's just awesome.

I tested the new features over the past few days. I'm using MP TV Series on two different machines. I started a new db on one of the computers a few days ago. After I enabled the options watched flags and ratings where transfered to the new db. Rating and unrating on both computers or on the trakt website works perfect and is reflected in all three databases.

One tiny suggestion: after rating an episode the rating isn't displayed in MP TV Series directly, it is added after the next synchronisation with trakt. It would be nice, if rating via the trakt dialog would also set the local value. But that is of very low importance.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    One tiny suggestion: after rating an episode the rating isn't displayed in MP TV Series directly, it is added after the next synchronisation with trakt. It would be nice, if rating via the trakt dialog would also set the local value. But that is of very low importance.
    Hi Michael_M112, its actually recorded in the database immediately but its not refreshed on screen. You will notice if you back out of series and re-enter you will see your user rating. The reason this occurs is because tvseries caches all the data to be displayed for the selected item(s) and needs to be refreshed to update the skin.

I will think about a way to refresh the screen. When rating from tvseries rate dialog a re-load of the facade occurs but I wanted to avoid that...will think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread