ShowTimes Plugin Suite V3.4.3 (2017-01-09) (6 Viewers)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    They do play for a little while (about 2-8 seconds depending on how much buffering they get through), Apple then seems to lock them out :(

Nephilim

Extension Developer
    February 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    They do play for a little while (about 2-8 seconds depending on how much buffering they get through), Apple then seems to lock them out :(
    It's not an problem on the Apple side, it seems like a compatibility issue between LAVSplitter and the Showtimes plugin videoproxy (used to change the useragent for Apple trailers). Have you tried with another one?

Bye,
    Nephilim

Last edited:

ced007

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2008
    Haute-Savoie
    Home Country
    France France
    I use LAVSplitter and I have to tick the "Download trailers" option in the showtimes settings to be able to read the trailers correctly, which is fine for me.

Nephilim

Extension Developer
    February 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I use LAVSplitter and I have to tick the "Download trailers" option in the showtimes settings to be able to read the trailers correctly, which is fine for me.

Exactly, this is because the videoproxy is used only for streaming, not for downloading.

Bye,
    Nephilim

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Tested with the AVI Splitter - still not working - this works if I use the command line for mPlayer and use the user-agent QuickTime/7.6.2

Nephilim

Extension Developer
    February 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Tested with the AVI Splitter - still not working - this works if I use the command line for mPlayer and use the user-agent QuickTime/7.6.2
    AVISplitter is not used for mp4/mov (Apple Trailers) you have to use the MP4Splitter.ax and disable mp4 format in LAVSplitter, and, again, i already use the correct user-agent (otherwise playing doesn't start at all).

Bye,
    Nephilim

Nephilim

Extension Developer
    February 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Can you help me find the settings?

Of course my friend.. ;)

LAV.png

LAVSplitter property page -> Input Formats Tab -> Disable mp4 / (MPEG-4/QuickTime format)

You can always roll-back re-enabling this item.

Bye,
    Nephilim

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    I've tried that now - all I get is "cant play" errors now :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom