[TV] Sill no luck on some HD channels, with re-released Beta 1 (1 Viewer)

mylle

Portal Pro
April 14, 2005
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I have 2 dvb-s cards and just tried with my hauppauge nova s2 HD but that made no difference.

event when the tvserver service crashes:

Faulting application tvservice.exe, version 1.0.4.23477, stamp 4a98f126, faulting module msvcr90.dll, version 9.0.30729.1, stamp 488ef6c5, debug? 0, fault address 0x0003b00a.

I also have the "wait for PMT" error when my HDTV channels crashes the tv server.

regards

Jacob

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Ok If details are missing from event log, then i should use something else than MP logs collector, as that was
    collecting those logs.
    No, i don't use ramdisk. I tried it sometimes, but i use regular HD nowadays.

regards,

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I have 2 dvb-s cards and just tried with my hauppauge nova s2 HD but that made no difference.
    I have the same card in my TestPC (running WinXp SP3).
    Guess what... works like a charm. :confused:

If it works okay with you, could it be something totally different reason, like, well I reused old database with old
    tuning details. They are not changed by satellite provider, but has something changed in database on those areas ?.

regards,

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I have the same card in my TestPC (running WinXp SP3).
    Guess what... works like a charm. :confused:

I'm a little bit more worried about the crashes itself, sounds like TsWriter is unable to handle the "errors" in the stream (this time the errors are "corrupted stream" that has not been decoded properly, but in normal cases same crashes are possible when you have a bad signal for a small amount of time.).

When SVN access is available for the public (TsWriter debug bin is needed) all users who are able to reproduce the crash should be helping to track down the cause for teh crash by:

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Debugging/MemoryDump

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The tuning details for my eurosport HD and Discovery HD are indeed completely wrong. That is puzzeling as i have just used the same export.xml as i have always done...

im going to correct those and see how it goes

regards Jacob

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The tuning details for my eurosport HD and Discovery HD are indeed completely wrong. That is puzzeling as i have just used the same export.xml as i have always done...

im going to correct those and see how it goes
    best would be to run a new sat-scan so that the tuningdetails are 100% correct. :)

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    well thats a problem also. if i do a scan with the xml file provided with mediaportal my hauppauge card does not pick up any of the S2 transponders. I have to manually edit the xml file and change the "pilot" setting to off on the S2 transponders for it to work :(

infinityloop:

If you are also using a hauppauge nova s2 HD and the HD channels are working fine for you could you please tell me what driver you are using?

I have to set the pilot to "Off" for the hauppauge to work and also it does not even pick up the s2 transponders during a scan unless i change the s2 transponder info (pilot OFF) in the xml files for 0.8 west.

Could you please check if you can scan 0.8 hd channels just fine with the hauppauge and if so is the pilot se to on or off?

thanks

Jacob

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    For me. Problem Solved. My 3year has eaten the smartcard and i had slime in connectors. Working ok now.

;-)

regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom