Silvertsone LC16-M Setup Guide - iMON VFD / iMON iPAD / iMON Front Buttons Hack (1 Viewer)

ederson13

Portal Member
December 9, 2008
I followed the guide and got the remote and the vfd to work with mediaportal

But not 100%. The remote works only in mouse mode. I found a thread here explaining that the remote won`t change to keyboard mode unless the frontview is loaded. The problem is that although i`ve set the frontview to always load , after every boot it resets to never so i have to manually enable it. It`s not very "elegant" way of controlling an htpc

Is there any way to solve this ?

PHansen

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 30, 2007
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Try linking the frontview .exe into the startup folder of windows. Or to put it simply, drag the shortcut for frontview onto the start menu bar and then into the Programs list and then into the Startup folder.

Should be able to start it always that way.

Also, you know that you can change from Mouse to Keyboard being the default in Frontview? It's in there somewhere.

ederson13

Portal Member
    December 9, 2008
    Try linking the frontview .exe into the startup folder of windows. Or to put it simply, drag the shortcut for frontview onto the start menu bar and then into the Programs list and then into the Startup folder.

Should be able to start it always that way.

I hadn`t thought of this one. I`ll give it a try. Thanks for the tip

Also, you know that you can change from Mouse to Keyboard being the default in Frontview? It's in there somewhere.

It doesn`t matter if you`ve set it or not. (I did this BTW) because the remote works as keyboard only if frontview is enabled

roundsound

April 7, 2009
    I'm gonna update the guide later today/tomorrow i found that

A couple of the buttons on the iPAD were not mapped correctly, so i will update the .imo file

I'm gonna change the function of the front buttons to make them more useful

Under step 6. Settings -> Windows Commands; You need to also free up the menu button too

Hi. Thanks for this guide. Everything is working great now. How do you create the .imo files? I would like to make one for MediaMonkey as well (i know I can set the settings manually, but I don't want to do this every time I reinstall).

:)

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Look for the .imo file, it creates a seperate .imo file for each program profile.
    The directory is something like C:\ALL USERS or DOCUMENTS & SETTINGS\APP DATA\IMON or something like that.

roundsound

April 7, 2009
    Look for the .imo file, it creates a seperate .imo file for each program profile.
    The directory is something like C:\ALL USERS or DOCUMENTS & SETTINGS\APP DATA\IMON or something like that.

Thank you. Was searching for the file, but for some reason the search engine in Vista is crap :(

morto

Portal Member
    January 3, 2012
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi,
    just in case somebody goes around this topic as me when trying to get their Silverstone LC16M case working - both VFD and iMON remote. I think this thread contains obsolete information, but i had similar issues people mentioned here - i got VFD working but not remote control or i got remote control working but not VFD :)
    What worked for me with MP 1.2.2.0, KeyboardInputPlugin 2.4.4.0 and iMON 8.12:

1. iMON VFD - follow all instructions in this guide:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/imon-vfd-lcd-minidisplay-driver-mediaportal-1-1-3-1-2-1-a-95616/ - as a step one don't be afraid and install latest version of iMON Manager from Soundgraph Home. I have installed 8.12 actually.

2. When you have your VFD working setup your remote - install plugin KeyboardInputPlugin. You can install it easily from external tool Media Portal Extension Installer. Now how mapping works:
    - in iMON Manager you can set mapping remote control button -> keyboard shortcut. Go to iMON Manager -> Settings -> Program Command, in combo box choose Mediaportal or add as new program, import mapping (i used almost default mapping MediaPortal.imo, which comes with iMON installation just with small changes)
    - in KeyboardInputPlugin configuration you can set mapping keyboard shortcut -> action in MediaPortal
    There is no need to use any external application for mapping of HW buttons on Silverstone case. These buttons are recognized and can be configured directly in KeyboardInputPlugin to some action (volume wheel is exception). For myself i used preset settings "ShortCut'er"' + did custom configuration for HW buttons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom