Silvertsone LC16-M Setup Guide - iMON VFD / iMON iPAD / iMON Front Buttons Hack (1 Viewer)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    sorry edwood, but it's not a problem for me to get the VFD working - the problem is to get the VFD + imon remote working. The VFD is running fine for me - but not in combination with the remote - and i would like to use BOTH!

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah the main problem seems to be the firmware. There are some people where it does work. But there seems to be no way to upgrade / downgrade the firmware.

Edwood

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sadly no...

I, like you, am just waiting for something good to happen so I can get the VFD and the remote working nicely.

I've also got some 'blur' issues, and some instability issues - which are probably higher on my priority list too...

Waiting in hope...

meierk

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Didn't fully understand this, but after months of ignoring my htpc, I was finally able to get the remote working thanks to this guide. My next step is to get this working with my Logitech Harmony One remote which partially works now, but I still need to add some missing functionality that I hope you can help with.

I have hundreds of movies and thousands of mp3 and I am always wishing I could page down and up. The iMon remote that I initially setup using this guide does not have PgDn or PgUp buttons, but my Logitech does. Since paging works on the keyboard I have to assume it could work on the remote as well. Can you point me in the right direction? I'm not sure if I need to set this up in the iMon Manager, the Shortcut'er plugin or elsewhere.

Thx,
    Kevin

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Didn't fully understand this, but after months of ignoring my htpc, I was finally able to get the remote working thanks to this guide. My next step is to get this working with my Logitech Harmony One remote which partially works now, but I still need to add some missing functionality that I hope you can help with.

I have hundreds of movies and thousands of mp3 and I am always wishing I could page down and up. The iMon remote that I initially setup using this guide does not have PgDn or PgUp buttons, but my Logitech does. Since paging works on the keyboard I have to assume it could work on the remote as well. Can you point me in the right direction? I'm not sure if I need to set this up in the iMon Manager, the Shortcut'er plugin or elsewhere.

Thx,
    Kevin

Load imon manager (click on the toolbar icon)
    Go into Settings -> Program Commander
    Choose the mediaportal program
    Click Add or something to that effect (I'm going off memory here)
    Function Name = "Page Down" Keyboard shortcut ="Page Down" Remote button="Just choose a button you want to map Page Down to"

It's very very easy.

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    going backj to basic-home menu after stop

Thanks very much for all your work here. I built an htpc over the last couple of months and this was a huge help in getting my imon remote and LC20 case up and running.

One problem I am having though, is when I hit STOP when a video is playing, the menu reverts to basic-home screen. I thought initially this was how mediaportal was set up but after looking into it and reading some forum posts, some people said it may have something to do with the remote setup.

)link to posts) https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/skins-50/how-hide-basic-home-screen-20982/index2.html

Just wondering, is this whats supposed to occur when using the settings from the post at geekzone.co.nz?
    MediaPortal - Setup guide for Silverstone LC16M Case | iMon Remote Setup, iMon VFD Setup, iMon Front Button Hack

I have updated the imo file from the post dated 21 sep, but still have this issue. Am assuming I missed something in the setup, but I went over it twice and its still doing it.

Happens on pretty much all menus; pictures, videos, My tvseries, moving pictures, etc.

Is there a way I can stop MP from reverting to basichome every time I press Stop?

One more question, I have the version of the firmware that does not have the plug in for the VFD. From what I can see here getting the VFD to work with MP is contingent on having this firmware. Has anyone seen a workaround?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    From memory the stop button on the remote is mapped to the 'b' key.

Play a video, then press b. If MP reverts to home screen the problem is with MP, if it doesn't then maybe the way your remote is setup.

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    From memory the stop button on the remote is mapped to the 'b' key.

Play a video, then press b. If MP reverts to home screen the problem is with MP, if it doesn't then maybe the way your remote is setup.

:DThanks for the pointer.

I hit B and sure enough, it reverts to basic home just as though I had pressed Stop on the remote.

So, I guess this means its a problem with MP and not the remote.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix?:)

[edit]

FIXED

Checked the ShortCutt'r plugin config. the first entry maps 'b' to basichome. removed this entry from shortcutt'r and now all is well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom