Silvertsone LC16-M Setup Guide - iMON VFD / iMON iPAD / iMON Front Buttons Hack (1 Viewer)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    radyr tells that he's connected the wires wrong - i've definitly only 7 buttons in frontview.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    he said that he didnt have the plugin option, then when he disconnected and reconnected the wires it reset frontview. there is a similar thread on the soundgraph page. it may work for you.

beregg

Portal Member
    May 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey i`ll try it with unplug too in the evening.

But I will offer you my experiences:

1. It seems that the "Plug-In" Button is only availlaible for Displays with an older Firmware.

2. The Frontkeys are only available when in the IMON Manager Front view ist selectet on "ever" or "automatic"

NOW comes the "Bug": When you activate CbrDisplay it changes the Front-View on "never" an so there is no way to use the Frontkeys. The Pad will be supported on "never"-Mode.

EDIT:

he said that he didnt have the plugin option, then when he disconnected and reconnected the wires it reset frontview. there is a similar thread on the soundgraph page. it may work for you.

Can you show me the thread on the Soundgraph site? I dodn`t find it.

Edwood

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    OK folks... I've had an interesting experience...

I unplugged the cables from the VFD at the motherboard - ie. where they plug into the USB 'ports'.

I booted up with everything unplugged, and surprise surprise!!! I got the 'plugin' option! (plugin option in iMON frontview)

I plugged everything back in, and sadly, my plugin option was gone again :(.
    I tried playing around with the way things were plugged in (on the mobo), but no joy.

I completed the config, as per the guide, while the VFD was unplugged, and had some interesting results...
    If I configure MP to use the external display, the display will freeze when I run MP. Upon investigation, it appears that iMON has switched the FrontView to 'never'. This is repeatable, and will happen whenever I run MP with the external display configured.

I could take my machine back to the shop, and see if there is a cabling mismatch at the VFD side, but it sounds like maybe it's related to the VFD firmware?

Am I up the creek for now? Perhaps so...

I will unconfigure MP-external-display for now, and go back to working on getting my Harmony remote working...

<edit - removed double-post>

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Edwood - Sorry to hear this didn't work. the mods at the soundgraph imon forum are very good at problem solving and answering questions related to their hardware, you could try there.

Hey i`ll try it with unplug too in the evening.

But I will offer you my experiences:

1. It seems that the "Plug-In" Button is only availlaible for Displays with an older Firmware.

2. The Frontkeys are only available when in the IMON Manager Front view ist selectet on "ever" or "automatic"

NOW comes the "Bug": When you activate CbrDisplay it changes the Front-View on "never" an so there is no way to use the Frontkeys. The Pad will be supported on "never"-Mode.

EDIT:

Can you show me the thread on the Soundgraph site? I dodn`t find it.

Beregg

I'm not sure what you mean by Frontkeys. I have front buttons on the case available with option "always" on frontview. I would think that the front keys on the case are not dependent on what setting you have frontview set to.

Sorry, I don't have the link for the thread on soundgraph forum saved. Unfortunately the search function on the forum is crappy. You might be able to do a google search using the term "site:soundgraph.com vfd plugin problem" or similar.

beregg

Portal Member
    May 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The avaialbility of the teh frontbuttons seems depending on the firmware of the Soundgraph hardware.

Yesterday i tested a few hours an i will share my exspections

I disconnected the Imon hardware an removed all drivers an software from Soundgraph (7.20).

After that i installed the Imon software 4.50 an i got the "Third Application Buttton" in the Imon software but my display, the knob and the frontbuttons were not availlaible in the system. Tested with Imon-Software, Autohotkey (key history) and CbrDisplay. Nothing works. Imon said "Hardware is not connected"

So i tried an special Silverstone Imon Software 6.20. Here was the the same failure. Nothing works, but the "Third Application Buttton" was availlaible too.

So then i tried the 7.20 Software from Soundgraph again. Everything works but not at same time! And the "Third Application Buttton" was gone !!!
    So no way to get everything working at same time.

I only can say what i´ve said before:

It seems that with the newer Firmware of Soundgraph

- The Front-Buttons only work wit Frontview "automatic" or "ever"
    - The Display in MP only works with Frontview "never"

So you can see that there is aktually no way to get Display and Buttons working at same time when you don`t have the option to use "Third Application Buttton"/"Plug-In Mode"

So far i will retry to disonnect the Display and see if a "Third Application Buttton" will be availlaible then. Then i will try to activate it and connecting the Display...this is my last hope for this Soundgraph Shit!

rfvcosta

April 25, 2008
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Plug-In Mode

I send an e-mail to SoundGraph about the subject :

"I would like to know where is the Plug-in mode of frontview in the latest version of IMON. I need it to use in MEDIAPORTAL and the 6.0 version has the option but is shows the hardware as disconected. If i use the 7.0 version , the visor works, but no Plugin Mode. What can i do to solve the problem?"

Their response:

Dear Rui Costa,

Regret to say, the current iMEDIAN HD does not support the Plug-in mode anymore.
    But I'll report your issue to S/W team so that the plug-in mode can support the MEDIAPORTAL.
    Thank you for your e-mail.

iMON.

Maybe we have to wait for the next release ( but still i dosent explain how that tutorial works for some ppl).
    To me it dosent :(

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yeah but how to upgrade/downgrade/ flash the firmware - or do they use eproms instead of eeproms?

Edwood

Portal Pro
    September 16, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey folks.

I have great news... I've got it working!

I have a brand new (ie. latest firmware) LC-16M VFD working sweetly in MediaPortal.

Sadly, I also have bad news, but I think one of you braibboxes will sort that out. (the solution means I can't use remote).

1 - You can ignore the plugin option in iMON - it's a red herring.
    2 - The answer lies in using a new plugin.
    3 - I've just posted my findings HERE...

Disaster - I'm pretty confident this will work for you too!

Edwood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom