Simon Say (1 Viewer)

LOL6

May 15, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am new to Media Portal. How do I get the Simon game to work? Where do I need to put the files?
Thanks,
Gary

cedric

Portal Pro
October 28, 2006
Lausanne
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hello LOL6,

In MySimon.Zip there is a release folder with a skin and a plugin folder

Copy MySimon.dll (Realease/plugins/windows) in the folder MediaPortal/Plugins/Windows

And all the files in the skin folder (Release/skin) in MediaPortal/Skin/BlueTwo, if you use the standard skin (maybe BlueTwoWide if you have 16/9 tv)

Cedric :)

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys

after talking to Kroko, i did some improvements for this plugin.

I added full-multilanguage support, i use the same class, we already do for mp's language stuff, we only have a plugin specific folder in mp's language directory.

Second: i added a button to the togglebutton group, which is called "Sounds". Now you can toggle sounds on and off, on-the-fly, like it is already possible in Tetris.

Note: This is a SVN-only plugin, because it is a requirement for language stuff. If you are using the stable 0.2.2.0 please use the release in plugin-repository on main page.

Please provide us with bug reports/issues, specific language files and so on.

regards
    chefkoch

tk4211

Portal Member
    July 24, 2007
    Hello LOL6,

In MySimon.Zip there is a release folder with a skin and a plugin folder

Copy MySimon.dll (Realease/plugins/windows) in the folder MediaPortal/Plugins/Windows

And all the files in the skin folder (Release/skin) in MediaPortal/Skin/BlueTwo, if you use the standard skin (maybe BlueTwoWide if you have 16/9 tv)

Cedric :)

This is probably a stupid question, but.. I have done this, and the plugin doesn't show up in the "plugins" under the mediaportal setup - I am using the RC1 - does that matter?

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi tk4211,

did you really use the file MySimonSay_v0.5-pre-release.rar from above ? Copy the files to
    language (xml)
    plugins/windows (dll)
    skin/blue two (xml)
    skin/blue two/media (png, from default)
    skin/blue two/sounds (wav, from default)

Then it should work. I just now updated to the RC and everything looks really good. If it still is not working post your log file.

Again thanks chefkoch ;) I will have more time now, as you can see on my streamradio...

Greetz
    kroko

dukus

Portal Pro
    January 20, 2006
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    Kroko, why not try to make a mpi package it is more easy to install, maintain the language file too

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :oops:

Yes, I know there was something I need to do... Sorry. I had a lot of personal problems for a bit, so there was not much time. I looks it will better in the near future soon. Anyway I release this version for now.

Greetz
    kroko

mlangguth

March 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Kroko,

I do like that game but have two problems with it. Maybe you can help ...

Could it be, that the v0.5 package misses the skin for "blue two wide"? The readme says, that it is included, but I can only find the normal one in the zip.
    When I try and install the MySimon.xml in the blue two wide folder, the game will only be displayed in 4:3.

Another question: is there a possibility to set the timeout for how long the game will wait for an answer? My remote sometimes take a while when a key is pressed - but MySimon won't wait "that long" so it's a miss.

Regards,
    Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom