Skin "Fidelity" 1.0 Ready for Download (11.4.2010) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

niels37

Portal Pro
February 24, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
My htpc os is XP pro, i want to go to Win 7 ( much easier for networking etc) So i thought i i take a look at mediaportals site!

i'm used to Xface but Fidelity is WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW :eek: so much more . Really a beautifull skin. SO i say THANKS to Harley en co - maker Catavolt!:D:D

I tried at my desktop first to try out (without remote control) still sometimes it hangs completely. I'll do a new install MP rc2 with Fidelity, Movingpictures , My Trailers, My TV Series, Onlinevideo's, Htpc Info, Fanart handler and hope to to get al things working ;-)

Most of all............thx for this great looking skin.

gr Niels37

ferzal

Portal Member
December 5, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
I'll do a new install MP rc2 with Fidelity, Movingpictures , My Trailers, My TV Series, Onlinevideo's, Htpc Info, Fanart handler and hope to to get al things working ;-)

Just be aware that Fidelity is not compatible with RC2 yet. I'm sure it'll be updated very soon. I'm learning very quickly about the basics of skinning by hacking this so it works properly with RC2 in the meantime. :)

niels37

Portal Pro
February 24, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I'll do a new install MP rc2 with Fidelity, Movingpictures , My Trailers, My TV Series, Onlinevideo's, Htpc Info, Fanart handler and hope to to get al things working ;-)

Just be aware that Fidelity is not compatible with RC2 yet. I'm sure it'll be updated very soon. I'm learning very quickly about the basics of skinning by hacking this so it works properly with RC2 in the meantime. :)

I use mediaportal for some time now with xface, but i still don't understand enough about skin adjustment. I would like to understand how to adjust skin etc. Don't know where to start. Can you point me in the right direction? For example : how to modify xml files, in other words : to learn how things work in mediaportal so i can better understand if things don't work properly. Must say that mediaportal is highley configurable but isn't the most easy thing.
In the mean time i hope rc2 will soon be come compatible fidelity.

Thx for your reply!

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Why should fidelity not be compatible with RC2 ? Fidelity is done for RC2.
    What is not working with rc2 ?

Greetings Harley

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea

Greetings Harley

hi Harley !
    i also have problem on vista .no error log ....
    on win xp with mp rc2 no problam , work fine ..
    but on clean new instal of MP RC2 from 5 skin i instal only fidelity not work ,it's crash MP ON START ...
    no error log ... i thing it's maby fonts ,in the pass some crash like this one ,i add becuse of fonts ... i will test and try to reinstal
    the font of fidelity ....
    let you guys know ,but layter tonight ....

ferzal

Portal Member
    December 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Greetings Harley

EPG Search doesn't work at all because of changes to RC2. I am clueless on that. Too complicated for me. You made the fixes for Blue3. Older skins still work with EPG search so I don't understand.
    MediaInfo doesn't work because of property change which you've changed in your other skin. That's an easy fix at least. Search and replace and add .Texture and it works (weird change because it doesn't provide any functionality at all and breaks every skin).
    Alert isn't available when setting a recording for me (still works in other skins).
    Weird issue with topbar I'm trying to work out where it comes up instead of "big step" and won't go away without fiddling.
    Missing graphics file in logo referred to in videoOSD for h264.

I'm not sure if it's supposed to have full TV series support but it doesn't (missing a little bit of info but looks fine). Moving Pictures is fine as are most other common plugins.

I'm working out stuff as I go along because Blue3 is currently the only skin that works properly with RC2 and I've never looked at skinning before. But the EPG stuff is beyond me at this point. That's all I've discovered at the moment.

Out of curiosity.. why no splash screen? Is it better for performance? It just looks pretty boring while MP loads on blank darkish background.

I wish I had more knowledge so I could just throw you the fixes because I love the skin. I'm trying to learn. Slowly.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Greetings Harley

hi Harley !
    i also have problem on vista .no error log ....
    on win xp with mp rc2 no problam , work fine ..
    but on clean new instal of MP RC2 from 5 skin i instal only fidelity not work ,it's crash MP ON START ...
    no error log ... i thing it's maby fonts ,in the pass some crash like this one ,i add becuse of fonts ... i will test and try to reinstal
    the font of fidelity ....
    let you guys know ,but layter tonight ....

hi Harley !
    reinstaling the fonts fix the problam , work fine on win vista +MP1.1 rc 2 .. :)

Drewsta

Portal Member
    May 5, 2010
    Hey,

Love the skin, clean and sharp.

Only issue im having is the page formatting in RSS news plugin screen.

The actual news is overlaping the menu and logo.

Cheers

merci1983

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2004
    Near Bremen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First i want to say "A GREAT SKIN".

But i have a "problem" with the movie-info-screen.

I try to explain what´s my problem:

I show the movies in the folders sight. The structure is c:\my_movies\testmovie.avi
    When i update the info with e.g. ofdb for the testmovie.avi with F9, it works fine - and i can see the movie-info with all details.
    Then i press "back" on the mce-remote, because i want to return to the c:\my_movies folder and i get again the info-screen, but without any information. I think the right way is to come back to c:\my_movies with all movies.
    When i press "back" a second time - i return to my home screen.

Strange thing is when i do the same with movies in a structure like c:\my_movies\dvds\testmovie.avi it returns to the correct folder (c:\my_movies\dvds).

Please can anyone try if this happens only for me or if this is a bug!

I´m using the MP 1.1.0 RC2 with "Fidelity" 1.0 Ready for Download (11.4.2010).

If there is the need for some logs or pictures, please let me know. Then i will post again, when i´m back on my htpc.

Thanks
    merci1983

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I´m using the RC2 with fidelity beta.

Chances are there may have been changes done between beta and 1.0 which have already fixed this, beta was based on RC1 after all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom