Skin preview - Reflex - updated 18-06-12 (2 Viewers)

Matthew Houston

Portal Member
March 23, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
Great skin man, thanks a lot!

Is this an issue with the skin or MediaPortal itself do you reckon? (The Maya BasicHome editor is working if that makes a difference)

It sounds like MovingPictures is either not installed or is an older version. Cornerstone is a component installed by MovingPictures. In time I should add a check for plugins installed (and their version) but have not gotten around to it yet.

Thanks for getting back to me, I do have MovingPictures installed, I assumed it was the latest version, though if I remember correctly it might have been installed by Maya so maybe not. I'll check it out when I get home this arvo.

Once again, great skin - changed from Maya for the simplicity with a little bit more polish :)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

Attachments

• magenta.jpg
      magenta.jpg
      289.5 KB
    • green.jpg
      green.jpg
      293.3 KB

Matthew Houston

Portal Member
    March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Installing latest version
    Great skin man, thanks a lot!

Is this an issue with the skin or MediaPortal itself do you reckon? (The Maya BasicHome editor is working if that makes a difference)

It sounds like MovingPictures is either not installed or is an older version. Cornerstone is a component installed by MovingPictures. In time I should add a check for plugins installed (and their version) but have not gotten around to it yet.

Thanks for getting back to me, I do have MovingPictures installed, I assumed it was the latest version, though if I remember correctly it might have been installed by Maya so maybe not. I'll check it out when I get home this arvo.

Once again, great skin - changed from Maya for the simplicity with a little bit more polish :)

Installed latest MovingPictures and working like a dream now! Got the RSS disabled and the World Weather plugin installed which was causing grief. Had to generate a menu with the Basic editor.

Quick question, which again is probably more of a MediaPortal question than a Reflex question - I don't want any submenu's at all (confuses the missus) but when I leave them blank in the menu editor I end up with a whole bunch of #subitem1 where the menu is supposed to go. If I put one entry there it will show just that one entry.

Is this just something I'm missing?

EDIT:: So I just edited the BasicHome.xml file and removed the last section pertaining to the submenu - had the desired effect of removing the submenu display but now the only the navigation buttons (Up, down etc) are working, no OK or BACK etc. I'm doing it wrong?

Last edited:

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Installing latest version

Installed latest MovingPictures and working like a dream now! Got the RSS disabled and the World Weather plugin installed which was causing grief. Had to generate a menu with the Basic editor.

Quick question, which again is probably more of a MediaPortal question than a Reflex question - I don't want any submenu's at all (confuses the missus) but when I leave them blank in the menu editor I end up with a whole bunch of #subitem1 where the menu is supposed to go. If I put one entry there it will show just that one entry.

Is this just something I'm missing?

EDIT:: So I just edited the BasicHome.xml file and removed the last section pertaining to the submenu - had the desired effect of removing the submenu display but now the only the navigation buttons (Up, down etc) are working, no OK or BACK etc. I'm doing it wrong?

I'll take a look at it tonight, ofc submenus are meant to be an option and I'll figure out why you are having problems!

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

OK, problem solved (I hope).

Please unzip the attached file to your "process" folder (Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process) and put the attached XML-file in your "Reflex" skin-dir, overwriting the existing BasicHome.xml file.

This should allow for having no submenus (and fixed another annoying bug, where subitems wouldn't focus).

Attachments

• Reflex BasicHome plugin.zip
      80.8 KB
    • BasicHome.xml
      67 KB

Matthew Houston

Portal Member
    March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just installed new files, works like a dream man thanks! Reflex is officially the most favourite skin of the whole family, thanks again for your effort in creating it and fast bug fixes!

I don't really use plugins but in the interest of bug reporting even when using the 'BasicHome' type menu (maya sort of style) when i select 'plugins' the plugin menu reverts to the other 'aeon' type style. Not a big deal for me though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom