Skin question (1 Viewer)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Country flag
    I'm still using an old skin (black glass), but it's getting some warnings, and I want to understand them and possibly fix them.

example:
    [WARN ] - GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Black Glass\myHome.xml' is missing control id 200 (window property: lblDate)

Can somebody explain to me what is wrong here? Because I do see a date on the homescreen...

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    is missing control id 200 (window property: lblDate)
    The old way of building panels is for the C# function to pre-define certain controls. The skin author can define the properties such as position, size, and colour for the control, but the skin author cannot access the value of the control (this is supplied by the C# function).

The new way of building panels is for relevant values to be defined as built-in skin variables, which allows the skin author to access the value and use it to control other aspects of the panel.

Most panels are a mixture of both techniques, as some constructs would be very difficult to define entirely by built-in skin variables (e.g. the list of recorded TV).

Some older panels diagnose an error if one of the pre-defined controls is missing from the xml file. This is the error that you have noticed. However, it does not necessarily mean that the panel displays wrongly, since the skin author may be using a newer built-in skin variable to provide the information, instead of the pre-defined control.

The usual way to prevent these error messages to to provide a control definition with the correct properties, but which is positioned off-screen (so that it does not affect the appearance of the panel).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    Rob Hexenmeister Quick question - skinning MyPics General Support 7
    ajs [Info] Pre 0.7 Beta - MPExtended, WebMP, Bootstrap skin by ajs - Hard way MPExtended 316
    S Touchscreen skin? MediaPortal 1 Talk 6
    azzuro [fixed] 5011: Version label in Splash screen - pos, size from skin MediaPortal 1 61
    catavolt [WiP] When changing theme in my skins, I always get this error message in logs MediaPortal 1 9
    joecrow MultiShortcut Plugin (Uavailable) in DWHD skin General Support 58
    V Skin With Menu Editor MediaPortal 1 Skins 13
    wizard123 New Skin Template ? MediaPortal 2 8
    Rob Hexenmeister [solved] Latest Media Handler - skinning buttons Fanart Handler 19
    CyberSimian [solved] MP1-4976 Built-in skin variables for current date MediaPortal 1 8
    Mr6686 [solved] Titan skin broken since update to 1.23 Installation, configuration support 6
    Y Titan Skin unter 1.23 nicht mehr so schön Allgemeines Supportforum 1
    framug 1.22.0 BasicHome Editor settings for DefaultWide HD skin not kept when update 1.22 3
    catavolt [solved] FanartHandler - Skin - Holiday and Spotlight support Fanart Handler 5
    ajs [fixed] 4936 - Strange behavior of the font in the skin MediaPortal 1 35
    ajs [solved] 4935: Add string.replace function to Skin engine MediaPortal 1 10
    ajs [solved] Latest Media Handler - Skin settings - Custom latests items number Fanart Handler 27
    Rob Hexenmeister [solved] Latests Media Handler - Skinning an updating window or control Fanart Handler 26
    T Skin Wechsel Installationsprobleme? 1
    JJDoherty Designing & implementing a new skin... Skins and Design 8
    D [fixed] Image browser crashing in Folder View (WMC skin) 2.2 Archive 10
    CyberSimian Do skin variables have global scope? MediaPortal 1 16
    N Skins to download separately MediaPortal 1 Talk 5
    P WMC Skin full screen/EPG Skins and Design 3
    CyberSimian Fixes for Amped skin MediaPortal 1 10