Skin question (1 Viewer)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm still using an old skin (black glass), but it's getting some warnings, and I want to understand them and possibly fix them.

example:
    [WARN ] - GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Black Glass\myHome.xml' is missing control id 200 (window property: lblDate)

Can somebody explain to me what is wrong here? Because I do see a date on the homescreen...

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    is missing control id 200 (window property: lblDate)
    The old way of building panels is for the C# function to pre-define certain controls. The skin author can define the properties such as position, size, and colour for the control, but the skin author cannot access the value of the control (this is supplied by the C# function).

The new way of building panels is for relevant values to be defined as built-in skin variables, which allows the skin author to access the value and use it to control other aspects of the panel.

Most panels are a mixture of both techniques, as some constructs would be very difficult to define entirely by built-in skin variables (e.g. the list of recorded TV).

Some older panels diagnose an error if one of the pre-defined controls is missing from the xml file. This is the error that you have noticed. However, it does not necessarily mean that the panel displays wrongly, since the skin author may be using a newer built-in skin variable to provide the information, instead of the pre-defined control.

The usual way to prevent these error messages to to provide a control definition with the correct properties, but which is positioned off-screen (so that it does not affect the appearance of the panel).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom