[Skin release] SimpleMP Beta 4 (MP 0.2.3.0) (1 Viewer)

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Canada
Thanks for the response

Fo0d.
thank you for the response.and forgive my ignorance.
The post above indicates an issue with basic home. Mine is with the TVseries part of the skin.
When I run teh skin in does not appear as it does in the screen grabs.
Also when I am in the config app, I notice the version is not currentl. Did I do something wrong.

Let me know if you can, thanks ever so much.

Cheers

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Canada
thanks fo0d

Hi fo0d, thanks for your response.
Sorry for the delay, busy busy busy..
Anyway, here is a screen grab of the config app showing what I was referring to in the tool, its a version number thats different.
when MP starts I get the out of date skin warning the good old red box of death.
Now I retried with another download of simplempo today and the tvseries app looks more like what I was expecting, so perhaps I did something wrong th efirst time.
But I still get the issue of the skin being unsupported, wrong version/red screen o death

Oh and one other thing.
The TVseries page has a field or text, not sure how you descibe it, that refers to a TVseries attribute tvseries.subtitle thats appearing. But other then that I love this skin.

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Canada
sorry for the delay.
Was giving me a bit of a challenge

So here it is. This is a screen grab on a pc running XP sp3 MP rc2 and Simplemp
Whats interesting is that I have the exact same xml file and install on my laptop and it works fine.
You will see how strange it looks.

Let me know what you think

Attachments

• simplemp mytvseries.JPG
    simplemp mytvseries.JPG
    52 KB

fo0d

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
config app showing what I was referring to in the tool, its a version number thats different.
when MP starts I get the out of date skin warning the good old red box of death.
Open up "references.xml" in the Simple MP skin directory and change line 6 "<version>0.2.3.0</version>" too "<version>0.9.2.0</version>" which is the version number of MP currently or change it to something higher so you wont get nagged about it again.
sorry for the delay.
Was giving me a bit of a challenge

So here it is. This is a screen grab on a pc running XP sp3 MP rc2 and Simplemp
Whats interesting is that I have the exact same xml file and install on my laptop and it works fine.
You will see how strange it looks.

Let me know what you think
You could try the TV-Series files i have attached by extracting them to the Simple MP skin folder and make sure you clear the cache as well. I have just downloaded the files from the svn so these should be the newest. Also does it happen with the blue2 skin ?

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Canada
Thanks for the advice fo0d.
I will give it a try this evening. As for your questions about Blue two. No its fine there.
Mind you its not as nice a skin as simplemp, plus it has the fan art which for some reason Blue Two did away with. Anyway, I will let you know after my test this evening.

Thanks ever so much

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Canada
Well I tried it all out.
The change to the reference xml worked and so no more red box of death.
But the mytvseries screen remains the same.
No errors int he log. I see nothing unusual, at least based on my limited understanding.
I like this skin so having a working version would be nice.

xikinhu

Portal Member
April 18, 2008
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Mikael,
there is a way to hide the left menu when not using it? I saw a skin that can do something like this, but I don't remember the name. =(

Regards
Jr.

fo0d

Portal Pro
April 21, 2007
Home Country
I believe you can, but its kind of complicated unless you know what your doing.
Monochrome/Indigo 4x3 use it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom